GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2017 used Volt. Very impressive car, it's 3 years old and I get 55 miles on battery. I now think America owes an apology to the whole Volt team.

In any case, what I'm writing about today is I found the control screen positioning, which is tilted upward and fixed, often has a sun glare problem. I look around quite a bit for anything to fit the 9" wide screen and finally found this one on Amazon: "GreceYou Car GPS Navigation Sun Shade Visor ".

Literature show it's for Honda, Nissan and Toyota but It fit perfectly, highly recommend for the Gen-2 Volt.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had this very question yesterday while backing up on my street with the sun directly shining on the screen. It's tough to back the car while shading the screen with one hand to see what you are doing. Thanks for the referral... it beats a piece of cardboard and tape.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I wear polarized sun glasses. These pretty much eliminate this issue. Also, keep that screen clean of fingerprints.

·
Administrator
20,903 Posts
Nice find. I think dash designers don't give as much thought to sun glare as is needed, from chrome trim that can be blinding to washed out control screens. Heck. I had to retrofit Cruze telescoping sun visors on my 2017 Bolt because on days when the sun is shining from the side, the little stubby ones that came with the car where only good for people with the seat all the way forward. Note, the newer Bolts now have telescoping visors. But what where they thinking?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I recently purchased a 2017 used Volt. Very impressive car, it's 3 years old and I get 55 miles on battery. I now think America owes an apology to the whole Volt team.

In any case, what I'm writing about today is I found the control screen positioning, which is tilted upward and fixed, often has a sun glare problem. I look around quite a bit for anything to fit the 9" wide screen and finally found this one on Amazon: "GreceYou Car GPS Navigation Sun Shade Visor ".

Literature show it's for Honda, Nissan and Toyota but It fit perfectly, highly recommend for the Gen-2 Volt.
Nice find. Can you post a pic?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts