GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 2017 yesterday and I'm loving it. I need to order some all weather floor mats and a liner for the cargo area. A couple of questions I hope someone can help me with:

1. Will floor mats that fit a 2016 also fit a 2017? Some of the vendors have mats listed for 2016 Volts, but not 2017 Volts.
  2. I leave my back seats down most of the time with my bicycle in the back (front wheel removed). I'd like a cargo mat that covers the entire area, including the backs of the seats. Has anyone found a mat like this?

It appears I could buy two the mats you "cut to fit" and piece them together, but would rather buy a single cargo mat that covers all surfaces. Thanks in advance for any information.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I sent you a Pm, Volt Dolt.

Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
I too would love some suggestions on mats for the cargo area of the 2017 volt. I'm having a hard time finding any mats that will cut to fit. I just need the floor covered on mine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the Dealer cargo mat but it's not an exact fit. There are a couple of inches of carpet on either side exposed. I would be interested in finding exact fit.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have the Dealer cargo mat but it's not an exact fit. There are a couple of inches of carpet on either side exposed. I would be interested in finding exact fit.
I too got the Interior Protection Package, which includes both passenger and cargo mats. The passenger mats are just OK...I was hoping for something like the excellent Gorilla Mats that VW sold me for my '11 Golf, but these are just flimsy, soft rubber mats with no real "spill" protection at all, and the cargo mat is the same soft rubber with no spill protection as the passenger mats...with the added handicap of being way too small. It's 3 inches too narrow and 2 inches too short. I can't believe they have the nerve to charge real money for something that fits this poorly. Anyone considering the Protection Package should save their money until Gorilla or someone else in the aftermarket comes up with something better/nicer. Hell, as ugly as they are, even WeatherTechs at least fit properly...

·
Registered
84 Posts
2017 Floor Mats & Cargo Liners

I got the Chevy front and rear passenger winter mats for my 2016 and transferred them over to my 2017. They fit well, are plenty thick, and I'm quite happy with them. They don't go up the sides, but if you've got that much water in your car you should be brushing off your boots. ;)

I got the rear mat from Scarlet and it fits great.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I always thought Walmart and Sams Club had nice thick floor mats for a reasonable price. Although, they won't likely have a cargo mat for the trunk area so you'd still be searching for a nice fit there.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm getting a Lloyd's Northridge cargo mat delivered today from autoanything.com. The mat was $99.90, but AutoAnything has a 20% off deal until Saturday- promo code mark20. http://www.autoanything.com/cargo-liners/79A7773A0A0.aspx

No lip around the edge, but the pattern is designed to trap liquid within the mat in several 'containment zones'. They make custom cut front and second row mats for the 2016/17 Volt as well.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I transferred my OEM 2013 Volt mats (rubber) to my 2016. Although the anchors don't match up in the front, they fit fine both front, rear and cargo area. I haven't had a problem with them slipping or getting in the way of the pedals - FYI, I've never had a problem with that in ANY car I've owned.

·
Registered
52 Posts
For anyone interested, I got the Lloyd Northridge cargo mat in today. It is a perfect fit, and as you can see, the Light Gray was a perfect match to the interior. It's a nice heavy material, and laid perfectly flat right out of the box. Again, no lip, but the pattern is such that you can spill on the mat, and the liquid will be contained without flowing over the edge - although I haven't personally tested this yet.

Thought I would share, as there seems to be very few options out there for our Gen2 Volts yet.

See my previous post in this thread for where I ordered. They have a 20% off special on any order $99+ until Saturday. I ordered Monday, received the mat today.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just ordered the Husky floor mats, I'll post a review once I get them in.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just picked up my 2017 yesterday and I'm loving it. I need to order some all weather floor mats and a liner for the cargo area. A couple of questions I hope someone can help me with:

I leave my back seats down most of the time with my bicycle in the back (front wheel removed). I'd like a cargo mat that covers the entire area, including the backs of the seats. Has anyone found a mat like this?

It appears I could buy two the mats you "cut to fit" and piece them together, but would rather buy a single cargo mat that covers all surfaces. Thanks in advance for any information.
I'm looking to hold my bike as well. Any solution to this yet? I would like the entire area covered as well.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I'm looking to hold my bike as well. Any solution to this yet? I would like the entire area covered as well.
I am happy to work with you to make this happen, Warrior. If you don't mind shoot me an email and we can figure it out. If you aren't familiar with my stuff, you can check it out on my website (See below.)

I have made one piece covers for the rear of the Volt, seats down, in the past and can do so for a Gen 2 car. This would be the same material and idea as the VoltMat that I currently make for the rear only, but extended to cover the rear seatbacks. There are a couple of questions to answer that will guide the design - Do you want it to work well with the seats up also? Do you prefer a one or two piece design (Split at the back of the rear seats)? Both can be done, but there are advantages and disadvantages to each. That is one reason you likely won't find this in a custom application.

Steve

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am happy to work with you to make this happen, Warrior. If you don't mind shoot me an email and we can figure it out. If you aren't familiar with my stuff, you can check it out on my website (See below.)

I have made one piece covers for the rear of the Volt, seats down, in the past and can do so for a Gen 2 car. This would be the same material and idea as the VoltMat that I currently make for the rear only, but extended to cover the rear seatbacks. There are a couple of questions to answer that will guide the design - Do you want it to work well with the seats up also? Do you prefer a one or two piece design (Split at the back of the rear seats)? Both can be done, but there are advantages and disadvantages to each. That is one reason you likely won't find this in a custom application.

Steve

I don't see any links to your work.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Click on the Voltshelf.weebly.com at the bottom of Scarlett's post

·
Registered
962 Posts
My email address is all over my website. Feel free to send me an email with your thoughts. You can also pm me through this forum.

Steve

·
Registered
9 Posts
there is already a thread for this. also, there is little to no difference between the 2016 and 2017, they are identical, with nearly 100 percent same part numbers. however, about the floor mats, they suck. the stock gm floor mats are absolutely terrible, the trunk mat is a joke. non of them are exact fits and they barely protect anything, there aren't many groves and embedded pockets for debree or dirt to get trapped in, so the dirt just rolls off of of the mats onto your carpet.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Gray Husky floor mats

A few weeks ago I sent an email through their "contact" & requested to be notified if & when they have gray mats for the 16 Chevy Volt. I received an answer from the engineering manage that, as all the Volts just have black interiour there wasn't any reason to provide gray. I responded that there is a 2 tone gray interior and provided a photo. His quick response was "WOW" and provided a sales phone number to order [the gray option is now on the website].

Ithttps://www.huskyliners.com/Floor-Mats-Floor-Liners?gclid=Cj0KEQjw2sO3BRD49-zdzfb8iLwBEiQAFZgZfDmh_AuBbC9QvQacb9vu4d-eJNhk3ICGU7xTbxZ6N8kaAiDz8P8HAQ

It took 2 weeks to produce, shipped Monday via FedEx & received it this afternoon. Color is in between the light and dark gray & looks good. The fit is perfect. I think I've seen a post that the mats had a "hump" that fits over the floor attachment thingy. Partially correct, except it's actually a snap that secures the mat. See photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
Does anyone know if there is such thing as a rear seatback cargo liner?

What I mean by this is when I put large objects in the hatch area, it seems as if thin fuzzy fabric on the back of rear seatbacks (that are now folded flat) will tear easily. I'm concerned because I've put some heavy, large objects back there already, and the back of those rear seats may not last much longer!

It's nice they make good cargo liners for the cargo area, but what about when the rear seats are folded down? Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts