GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm absolutely loving my 2017 Volt.

Two things hit me today. Like the EV range-guess-o-meter, the temperature control seems to be all over the board. I've been using the Eco setting, but sometimes the car is blasting cold air like it's coming off of a glacier when it's set at 76 degrees.

People have commented on the "dead pedal." That takes some getting used to, but what's bugging me more is the shape of the door. On my 3 series BMW, I could rest my arm on the top of the door panel, or the arm rest. It's so ingrained in my brain, that I try that on the Volt and my arm slips down (you try to teaching an old dog new tricks!).

My last observation is really a question. It's probably been covered, but why did they drop the rear light on the bottom of the bumper on the 2017, but leave the space for it? I kind of liked the light on the bumper on the Gen 1 cars.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
The single backup light was useless for seeing where you were backing as it would only give you a wedge of light in the middle of the camera. Some of the blame could go to the camera itself. I'm glad they switched to two lights and a better camera.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
A single backup light is a requirement in Europe I believe so they made all models the same on the Gen1. Was not good for the US. Not only can you not see well, some passersby were not aware that you are actually backing up.

As for the AC, even if you have fan only you may feel cool air as the AC may be running to cool the battery. So at times the AC may be more aggressive regardless of the settings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts