GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 volt. car has been in repair shop for numerious
problem, gm has made the repairs
the latest failure was complete loss on power, both engine and battery.
auto door locks didn't open
police opened door from outside.
anyone have that problem and what was the solution. chevy can't find the problem

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Expect they will get to the bottom of it eventually, in the meantime a pain for you. You are being provided with free replacement transportation? Bare with them or as for a new car. I've heard it happens on occasion.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
2017 volt. car has been in repair shop for numerious
problem, gm has made the repairs
the latest failure was complete loss on power, both engine and battery.
auto door locks didn't open
police opened door from outside.
anyone have that problem and what was the solution. chevy can't find the problem
The inside door handle will mechanically unlock the door when pulled a second time, no electronics involved.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
When there is a failure you should be able to get the error codes. Without them it's difficult to say much. My best guess would be something related to the 12v battery.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
If this post #1 is on the level it sounds like a 12v battery failure and some incompetence on the part of the dealer and new owner.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Did you try the mechanical key in the fob? I don't know, maybe that just activates the electric locks.
There's no key slot on the inside of the door...

·
Registered
253 Posts
There's no key slot on the inside of the door...
No, no there is not. There is a door handle inside that seems to mechanically unlock with one pull and open with another pull.

There is a key slot on the outside, which is where I assumed the OP was.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts