GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to configure a 2017 in the new blue with light grey leather interior and it can't be done. How odd.

Is this an oversight on the web page? That combo is what my wife wants.

·
Registered
948 Posts
That was the same way it was for the 2016 model, I remember trying it with the build & price last year and it was not available. So I checked the ordering guide that was posted here somewhere and for unknown reason that exterior/interior color combo was shown not available so it wasn't just a glitch of the web site. And the reason for not being available when it seems like it would be a good match? Who knows.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Basically:

1. Light gray is only available on the base car and not the premier, so you pick: gray or premier (and yes, that's kind of stupid).
2. There are other exterior/interior color combos that they won't allow together . As an example, last year you could get the blue exterior with the black/brandy two-tone interior, but not you can't in the 2017. I believe they do this for combos they believe are less popular and because dealers don't want to get stuck sitting on a car with a less than popular combo.

With regard to #2 above, I know I have definitely skipped over some cars with awkward combos in the past.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bummer. Mine would have been an order so no fear of the dealer getting stuck.

So now I'm leaning back towards a CPO Tesla. The guy I'm working with at the Chicago Tesla Store e-mailed me that there is going to
be another round of off lease/trade-in's and expect many 60 kW MS' (with the classic nose as they are calling them) will be in the "fourties".

·
Registered
58 Posts
Bummer. Mine would have been an order so no fear of the dealer getting stuck.

So now I'm leaning back towards a CPO Tesla. The guy I'm working with at the Chicago Tesla Store e-mailed me that there is going to
be another round of off lease/trade-in's and expect many 60 kW MS' (with the classic nose as they are calling them) will be in the "fourties".
I took delivery of the Volt Premier I ordered in Kinetic Blue with the black interior in late April, and I would point out that the interior blue accent lighting (as well as the ambient lighting option turned to blue, which I also ordered) looks fantastic with the black interior (more so than would be with a gray interior. Also, I'd just spent 15 years inside the gray interior of a VW Passat, so it was time for a change :D.

For me, the ability to drive my Volt cross-country (and I tend to go to thinly populated rural areas) when needed with no hassles whatsoever related to charging made it a reason I discarded the idea of a used Tesla Model S. Not trying to dissuade you at all, but each of weight various criteria differently when deciding what brand/model to buy. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
That was the color combination I wanted too. The dealer gave me this chart. I was concerned about black interior being too hot, so they convinced me to take the blue/black by tinting the windows.
VoltColors.jpg

·
Registered
322 Posts
That was the color combination I wanted too. The dealer gave me this chart. I was concerned about black interior being too hot, so they convinced me to take the blue/black by tinting the windows.
View attachment 112673
Interesting. In Canada you can get black/brandy with kinetic blue. Looks sharp IMHO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts