GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Those are some GREAT fun facts about the Bolt. Thanks for sharing Jeff. Always appreciated your inputs on priuschat; especially when dealing with some, ahem, over zealous fanboys. :)

G

·
Jeff, if you have the USB version, why don't you try creating a new disk partition that is the same size as the USB flash drive, then use a disk copy utility (instead of Windows' file copy) to transfer the USB image to the new partition. Then Windows will see the new partition as a new hard drive and be able to run the application from it.

I did this for a different brand service manual that ran from a DVD (extremely slow), copying it to a 8 GB partition on my SSD, and now it loads up in seconds. But for all my GM vehicles, I prefer the printed books.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I've run across those internal color names before when looking for touch up paint for other GM vehicles. I actually had my dealership turn on Afterblow in my Volt a couple of months ago - it definitely makes a difference. Interesting information about the efficiency of the GM regenerative braking system - my empirical evidence says the Volt's is just as good.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Nice. Since Spark EV manual was very similar to Gen I Volt, I assume Bolt's service manual is not that different from Gen I Volt.
BTW, Gen I service manual is floating on www in pdf format...

·
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jeff, if you have the USB version, why don't you try creating a new disk partition that is the same size as the USB flash drive, then use a disk copy utility (instead of Windows' file copy) to transfer the USB image to the new partition. Then Windows will see the new partition as a new hard drive and be able to run the application from it.
Good idea. I didn’t really spend any time trying any of this yet.

·
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice. Since Spark EV manual was very similar to Gen I Volt, I assume Bolt's service manual is not that different from Gen I Volt.
BTW, Gen I service manual is floating on www in pdf format...
The Bolt EV manual is very much like the Volt gen 1 manual that I got 6 years ago. Same general layout and format.

·
4,881 Posts
Is after blow an option in the Gen 1 Volt?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
If you're referring to the function that allows the blower motor for the cabin to operate after the car is off to reduce condensation from running the A/C, yes, it's an option that can be turned on with SPS software. The nice thing is, it doesn't require a subscription to activate that function.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts