GM Volt Forum banner
221 - 232 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mine has been in for about 7 weeks now - same as others - I hear "it's on backorder, with no ETA". This is starting to sound ridiculous. Has anyone had any good recommendations to escalate / or get any attention from GM?

As others have expressed, I'd be a bit less disturbed if I at least had some view of a resolution date...

·
Registered
4 Posts
2016 Premier with about 43K miles. Joined the BECM failed group on Aug 27and one of the service advisor said about 2 months wait. No loaners available. Driving my old 2003 Tahoe for the time being. My left hand keep going for that non-existence paddle and I keep down shifting trying to maximize regen when driving downhill and realizing its an old Tahoe. I miss my Volt :-(

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2017 Premier with only 32k miles just joined the BECM club. Dealer has no ETA on the part. Thankful at least that it didn’t leave me stranded. Happened on the interstate (sudden reduced propulsion power alert and battery disappeared), but was able to get home on ICE alone even though braking and acceleration were wonky.

·
Administrator
23,029 Posts

·
Administrator
23,029 Posts
As a follow up, I finally got my Volt back! It took two months to get the BECM, then a few days to install it.
Congrats! What I'm seeing based on posts is about a 2-3 month wait for the BECM replacement.

Reactions: Sheldon

·
Administrator
23,029 Posts
My 2017 Volt went into the shop 1st of Oct. for Shift to park and BECM. Everything is on backorder with no ETA.
plan on 3 months or so

·
Administrator
23,029 Posts
My prediction was 3 months or so but glad it was sooner for you.

221 - 232 of 232 Posts