GM Volt Forum banner

2017 Battery Energy Control Module replacement BECM

98126 Views 240 Replies 131 Participants Last post by  Randall Foltyniewicz
I have a 2017 with 36k. I didn't find much on here about this and I'm curious who else has gone through this, and what this means long term.

I had a few instances where the Check engine light came on and the car shifted over to the generator, even though there was more then 50% battery life. Thankfully I never got stranded. The first few times I brought it in they just updated the software and told me I should be good to go. The third time I took it to a different dealer and they diagnosed it as a full replacement , bulletin 18-na-261.

The dealer handled it well, got a loaner and 6 days later I'm back on the road. They had to do the battery to access it.The dealer said it was very rare. But I have trust issues with dealers, lol.

So,
- how common is this?
- long term issues?
- any possible damage to the battery?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
Reactions: Hurnbyr
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
93 Posts
Mine has been in for about 7 weeks now - same as others - I hear "it's on backorder, with no ETA". This is starting to sound ridiculous. Has anyone had any good recommendations to escalate / or get any attention from GM?

As others have expressed, I'd be a bit less disturbed if I at least had some view of a resolution date...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts