GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a minor accident that caused some slight damage to the passenger side bumper assembly on my 2017 Volt, cracking the plastic grill in front of the radiator. I noticed a wire with a plug-like part that appears to be the ambient temperature sensor (see pics). It is now hanging loose. Is this supposed to be connected somewhere? Or should I just secure it out of the way so it doesn't dangle? Thanks for your help!

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,218 Posts
Yes, there is a hole in the (passenger) side of the plastic shround enclosing the radiator air intake. It plugs into that hole. At least, that's where it goes in my 2011.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, there is a hole in the (passenger) side of the plastic shround enclosing the radiator air intake. It plugs into that hole. At least, that's where it goes in my 2011.
Thanks for the advice. I can't seem to find this hole on my 2017. A small amount of the plastic behind the bumper broke off during the accident; perhaps it was lost. This part functions to detect the ambient temperature, correct, so will it be ok if I just secure it for now so it's not hanging? It doesn't need to be in the exact spot to function, correct?

·
Administrator
21,218 Posts
This part functions to detect the ambient temperature, correct, so will it be ok if I just secure it for now so it's not hanging? It doesn't need to be in the exact spot to function, correct?
I'd say it needs to be in the inflowing air stream, that's about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts