Registered
3,192 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts

2017 Volts with ACC are supposed to have a new grill. This is a picture of the new grill for 2017 Volts with ACC.
The pictures of these two 2017 volts with ACC do not show the new grill at the dealers website. Unless Quirk (MA) just supplied a picture of a 2017 or 2016 volt without ACC.

·
Registered
48 Posts

2017 Volts with ACC are supposed to have a new grill. This is a picture of the new grill for 2017 Volts with ACC.
The pictures of these two 2017 volts with ACC do not show the new grill at the dealers website. Unless Quirk (MA) just supplied a picture of a 2017 or 2016 volt without ACC.
They are using stock Chevy pictures. The first thing I looked at was the radar in front as you pointed out.

·
Registered
129 Posts
ACC is good. Had it for 15months. ;)
True dat.

Note, Volters, that an ELR with ACC has a different Cadillac "wreath and crest" logo on the front grille than a non-ACC ELR. This is because the ACC radar is located directly behind the logo, so the logo on a non-ACC car is an actual three-dimensional metal badge, and the logo on an ACC car is a *picture* of a logo, through which the radar can pass.

I see the same thing on the Volt. The ACC car has a Chevy logo that's just a picture; the non-ACC car has an actual metal badge.

Also, in the picture of the black Volt shown in this thread, you can see the Chevy logo is in its own defined space, separate from the rest of the "etched" grille. Non-ACC Volts have the etching all the way around the Chevy logo.

--Chris

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
True dat.

Note, Volters, that an ELR with ACC has a different Cadillac "wreath and crest" logo on the front grille than a non-ACC ELR. This is because the ACC radar is located directly behind the logo, so the logo on a non-ACC car is an actual three-dimensional metal badge, and the log on an ACC car is a *picture* of a logo, through which the radar can pass.
Yes, and for 2016 the ELR adapted the new shield-only emblem. As you said, with ACC it's really a picture of the embossed emblem you'd otherwise get (still framed in a very 3-D surround), but unless you walk right up to it and pay attention you'd probably never know the difference.

·
Registered
524 Posts
ACC is a $595 option. Thought it was $2k.

$7k off MSRP. Let the good times roll!

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
ELR with ACC has a different Cadillac "wreath and crest" logo on the front grille than a non-ACC ELR. This is because the ACC radar is located directly behind the logo, so the logo on a non-ACC car is an actual three-dimensional metal badge, and the log on an ACC car is a *picture* of a logo, through which the radar can pass.
Wow. I never noticed that. The logo is basically a plastic convex disk with a pic of the logo. I just went out and looked.

Learn something new every day on this forum!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Wow. I never noticed that. The logo is basically a plastic convex disk with a pic of the logo. I just went out and looked.

Learn something new every day on this forum!
Yeah, I was not aware of this fact either. Thanks for the knowledge!

·
Registered
475 Posts

It was a 2k option on the ELR. Shocked to see it roughly at 1/4 cost on the Volt, but it makes sense.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just called Quirk Chevy AND they don't have the car listed with ACC yet! They say, " It's coming...one to two weeks". Guess not in the wild yet! Darn....I had a build week of June 13, and today was thrown into event 3400, I presume for the adaptive cruise. Come on Chevy, let's go!!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
It was a 2k option on the ELR. Shocked to see it roughly at 1/4 cost on the Volt, but it makes sense.
My ELR's Crystal Red Tintcoat was a $995 option. On the Volt, it was $495. The Volt is even more complicated to paint than the ELR (four doors and a hatch!). Stuff like that ticks me off ... I hate getting overcharged just because of the brand.

It's like with Plugless. A Volt's Plugless setup costs $1,260. An ELR, which is mechanically a nearly identical car, is $1,940. Are you really going to try and tell me there's $680 worth of difference between the two? REALLY?! I'll buy a Plugless setup the minute they charge me the same as they charge a Volt owner.

--Chris

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just called Quirk Chevy AND they don't have the car listed with ACC yet! They say, " It's coming...one to two weeks". Guess not in the wild yet! Darn....I had a build week of June 13, and today was thrown into event 3400, I presume for the adaptive cruise. Come on Chevy, let's go!!!!
Me too, same TPW of 6/13/2016 and ACC ordered. If you're at 3400 (Broadcast), that must mean mine's pretty close to that too. Yay!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I see a number of 2017 ACC Volts on Autotrader now around the country (just like the early Quirk listing, they may not be on the dealer lots yet).

Biggest problem in NY, is to try to wait for the NYSERDA announcement on when the NY $2k EV rebate program starts. It could be as late as April 2017, hoping for this year though.

·
Registered
69 Posts

I wish I was getting $7K off sticker here in Texas... I'd almost be willing to fly up there and buy one and drive it back for that...especially since other than color, it's almost exactly what I was looking for.

·
Registered
907 Posts
$595 for ACC !? It had been $1195 every time I looked before. Sure enough, just checked the Chevy build-it website, $595. Of course, still requires both Driver Confidence packages ($990).

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I wish I was getting $7K off sticker here in Texas... I'd almost be willing to fly up there and buy one and drive it back for that...especially since other than color, it's almost exactly what I was looking for.
The "real" discount might be closer to $5k; some months back when I called them, $2k (of the $7k) is tied to financing through them and a trade-in. If the $5k is real (?) that is a good starting point. My guess is if you are willing to go long distance (fly, and drive home, or ship), you might do better in California than NY or MA.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts