GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 17 volt over the weekend and charged just fine on my 220 charging station.
Sunday I ran the battery down to zero came home and plugged in. Charger turned on however the vehicle charging status light would not turn on.
I opened the door and dash stated "unable to charge". Tried unplugging several times and still would not charge. Called onstar to run a diag and said no faults present. So i proceeded to use my 110 charger and works just fine. After about 30 min on my 110 I proceed to try my 220 again and worked just fine and charged fully. Anyone else ever experience this?

·
4,852 Posts
Any chance it is an issue with your 220 charging station? If 220V wasn't present, for example, you may get a message like that. Maybe even though you heard the charger "turn on" the contactor in there didn't make a connection?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure, seems like a car issue though as it just would not accept the 220V. Will see if I have any more issues.
It was clicked in fully and can here the big click of the 220 charger kicking on. It was just like the car didn't like the charge.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
There were a couple of similar reports with Gen 1 cars after driving them up a long hill and immediately trying to charge. It turned out the battery was too hot for charging right away. Had you driven the car hard before plugging in?

·
Registered
907 Posts
Either the car didn't like the mains voltage or the Pilot signal. Since the EVSE relays clicked on, Pilot signal was initially ok, so maybe a momentary voltage sag.

What is the make/model of your 240V EVSE? There have been some reports of gen2 not liking some EVSE Pilot signals. The Pilot signal does (should) have different levels with 240V relays on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts