GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want the brandy/black seats on a loaded car and there are none left in my area. What is/was the order deadline for MY2017, and when will MY2018 production begin?

My lease turn-in is 9/15 so I am trying to figure out if ordering makes sense or if I just need to suck it up and get another interior color.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
If history has taught us much, GM should be preparing for the '18's to start building sometime soon. I have an early '13 with a production buildof 8/12, and with us being in July, I would expect them to start building in the next couple or three weeks or so. However, with you having such a tight return date, it's difficult to say if you'll have the options you're looking for in an '18 by then. If you're dead set on going through with a lease on an '18 and would like to try to spec one perhaps you can talk to your dealership and see if they can put an order in and notify you when it arrives for you to complete the lease paperwork.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Go on cars.com and find the black/brandy interior. There are lot of them available -- about 4500 with black interiors, of which seemingly half are black with brandy accents and half are black with black accents. That's maybe 2200 cars. Not sure of your exterior color choice or where you are, but you don't need to buy from a local dealer. Your dealer of choice will still service your car, no problem.

Usually being willing to travel also gets you a lower price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts