GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm lucky enough to live near Volt forum member Scarlett (aka: Steve) and my car has been used as his template for making the versions of his VoltShelf, VoltPhone, and VoltScreen for the 2016 Volt!

Love them all! The shelf fits great and looks great! The phone holder looks great and works great! And, the screen blends in nicely!

Steve took some pictures today and I'm sure he'll post them soon!

Thanks Steve!

Eph

·
Registered
194 Posts
Can't wait to see the pics. I think I'll be a customer!

·
Registered
2016 Volt Premier, delivered Oct/15
661 Posts
My G2 Voltscreen arrived today, looks good, putting it on some time this weekend

·
Registered
962 Posts
I'm lucky enough to live near Volt forum member Scarlett (aka: Steve) and my car has been used as his template for making the versions of his VoltShelf, VoltPhone, and VoltScreen for the 2016 Volt!

Love them all! The shelf fits great and looks great! The phone holder looks great and works great! And, the screen blends in nicely!

Steve took some pictures today and I'm sure he'll post them soon

Thanks Steve!

Eph
Well, the cover is really blown now! So we might as well get this over with. Before anything else, thank you, heyeph. It has been a very long couple of week and I know I have taken up enough of your time. And I'm glad you like your VoltStuff.

VS g2

VoltPhone g2

VoltScreen g2

I'm finishing up the VS g2 and VoltMat g2s templates tonight. The VoltPhone g2 and VoltScreen are already done and in production. I'll put a post up tonight or tomorrow in the For Sale forum with more details, but basically, I'm taking orders and I've been able to source better materials and hold prices the same as the comparable Gen 1 items. These are not on the website yet, so you literally are the first to see the finished stuff.

Steve

·
Registered
962 Posts
How does the phone attaches to the clip??

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
It is a magnetic mount. There are strong little magnets built into the mount on the car. It comes with a thin metal plate that goes inside your cell phone case, or can be stuck to your phone or case. The adhesive is on the plate, but does not have to be used. When the phone is put on the mount, it can be put on in a range of area. The mount is a ball/swivel arrangement so it can be adjusted to suit your specific preference. The magnetic force is enough to hold the phone securely in all driving conditions that I have experienced for over a year. The only way the phone comes off is if you take it off. And it does come off easily when you want it to.

The collar that goes around the dash pillar is reversible, so you can put it on either pillar. It is lined with a heavy felt to cushion it and prevent damage to the dash pillar.

Steve

·
Registered
962 Posts
My G2 Voltscreen arrived today, looks good, putting it on some time this weekend
I'm glad you like it, Andy. Pre-curl the plastic ties before you do the installation. It will make things easier.
Thanks.

Steve

·
Registered
384 Posts
Nice setup!

I wonder if it interferes with wireless charging. Also my Nexus 6 has a curved back, does the plate bend a little?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Nice setup!

I wonder if it interferes with wireless charging. Also my Nexus 6 has a curved back, does the plate bend a little?

I don't have wireless charging, but I know of no concerns or complaints about this.

The mount comes with a large plate @2'x3" and a small one @1.5"x1.5". The smaller one would likely work fine with the curved back. The larger plate can be bent to fit, but it is pretty stiff and strong, so it might take some effort.

Steve

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
+1 on pics

the current trunk thing is a joke
It's caledl the volt loin cloth, but Scarlett prefers to call it a POS (piece of spandex)

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Interested. But given the location of the subwoofer, does this dampen the lows? You know I'm all about that bass...
You realize Meghan trainor isn't talking about her sound system or a musical instrument, right?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Interested. But given the location of the subwoofer, does this dampen the lows? You know I'm all about that bass...
Ne0Cyber- A number of customers had that concern with the gen 1 car and VoltShelf. I don't have the subwoofer in my 2013, so I could not test it. The customers that had that concern all reported back that there was no problem. I have not tested this generation VS in a 2016 with a subwoofer, but I would expect similar results.

LLninja- Do tell? Care to explain?

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I downloaded and made a CD of various low frequencies from 20 Hz to 150 Hz and played them in my 2014 with/without the Voltshelf mounted. Listening by ear revealed no difference to the excellent bass response of the Bose system to me.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Not that I have a Gen2...yet, I like the phone up high like you have on Gen 1. Is there another way this could be done? I hope to have this problem one day!

1 - 20 of 110 Posts