GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 923 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Though i'd start a new thread for folks who have their order in and are waiting for their vehicle.

I just got the following update for my order: Your order is in the system and has a targeted production week scheduled for 08/3/2015. The date is subject to change based on plant needs.

Last week, it was order accepted with no production date scheduled. Hope this means that vehicle will be here by end of August!

You can get this info by contacting support on Chevy.com with your order number. Let me know if you guys are seeing something similar!

·
Registered
71 Posts
chevy.com is directed to chevrolet.com. Is this what you mean? Is it under Help Center? Did you call or search online with your order number (where?)

Sorry for all the questions, but I ordered a 16 Volt about a week ago and wanted to track my order too.

Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Use the Click to Chat and in the drop down when you're entering your info, there should be an option for order status.

I also asked them to send me weekly updates to my email.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just received my 8/3 notification as well. It came much earlier than expected. I had been prepared for a notification sometime mid-July. It was a pleasant surprise.

@volthappy: i did the same as psychedelicx, just opened chat and requested to be notified when there was any changes.

·
Registered
71 Posts
This is what I got for my order.

"Your vehicle order has been picked up by GM and is in line waiting to move towards production at the plant. This process can take time, is subject to change, and does not mean that the vehicle is physically being built at this time. There is no Target Production Week at this time. We are unable to provide any ETAs at this time."

I also requested email weekly updates. They indicated the updates would be sent every Thursday.

·
Administrator
20,150 Posts
If it's anything like when I ordered my 2011, there are many, many steps in the production workflow notices. Some that seem to have the car sitting somewhere (bayed?) then moving somewhere, the sitting again. And then one day an eternity later it arrives at your dealer :)

It may sound goofy, but when you pick up the car bring some white gloves and run your hands over every inch of the car, inside and out looking for dents, scratches, blemishes, etc. Things you'd find washing the car but not on "Christmas Day" unless you take your time. It's always better to not accept the car until it's put right, rather than accepting it and trying to get the dealer to fix something later. There have been a few horror stories posted here in that regard.

·
Registered
71 Posts
What kind of discounts did folks that have ordered 2016 get?
I'm buying using the GM employee discount which won't be determined until August.

·
Registered
41 Posts
preorder?

Hi all,
I'm a wanna-be 2016 owner, I live in MA. According to the info I'm seeing, Northeast states (MA/CT/VT/etc) preorders from dealerships start August 27th. Any recommendations as to when I should go to the dealership to start the ordering process? Are there waiting lists? Any idea if I would be able to get something under MSRP if I pay cash? (My last new car purchase was an '05 Prius, and there was a 4 month waiting list and they absolutely would not budge on the MSRP)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I ordered mine from Rick at Keyes.

·
Administrator
20,150 Posts
Hi all,
I'm a wanna-be 2016 owner, I live in MA. According to the info I'm seeing, Northeast states (MA/CT/VT/etc) preorders from dealerships start August 27th. Any recommendations as to when I should go to the dealership to start the ordering process? Are there waiting lists? Any idea if I would be able to get something under MSRP if I pay cash? (My last new car purchase was an '05 Prius, and there was a 4 month waiting list and they absolutely would not budge on the MSRP)
Wait until August 1 at least. But if you want to appear REALLY eager, I'm sure they'd take your money now. Of course eager likely means no discounts. I doubt they can place an order until August anyway. Get the best price first before bring up cash, though they may not care about cash and may make more on a lease.

·
Administrator
20,150 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
My target production week just slipped from 8/3 to 8/17 :(
I placed my order on 6/4/15 from Keyes and got my target production date of 8/17/15 last Tuesday.

Did the start of production get delayed to 8/17? Does anyone have a target production date before 8/17?

1 - 20 of 923 Posts