GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings,

I would like to share some photos & comments from a very special event that Chevrolet hosted today in Los Angeles for some selected Volt owners. DonC (Moderator) and I were invited to the event that was held in an undisclosed studio space in downtown hollywood.

The excitement grew as they spoke about some of the new features of the Volt's charging system and new design.

And then the special moment when they revealed part of the front end.

And here is the new 2016 Volt front end. (Pre-Production vehicle.)

Unfortunately that's all the photos they would let us take. (They put our cameras in storage.) They also made us sign a non disclosure contract before taking us into another room where we were allowed to see the 2016 Volt fully uncovered. Unfortunately I can't talk about it in any detail. (Due to the NDA.) But I can give you some general impressions. It looks fantastic. Both the interior and exterior are greatly improved with a more modern and aggressive styling that reminds me of the new Impala & Corvette designs. It appeared to me to be a bit roomier inside. (Wish I could say more...) The car just exudes quality inside and out. I think GM has successfully upped the game for 2016. (Wish I could say more...)

GM did say that more information would likely be revealed over the next few weeks. (Leaked?) So keep your eyes open over the next few weeks.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Don't be duped by Photoshop! Ha ha, only kidding. Actually we didn't get to see this car. You're looking at what we got to see of it. We also had the opportunity to see what I think was an earlier version whose interior wasn't illuminated. So a good look at the outside which was consistent with the "teaser reveal" which you're looking at and a not so great look at the interior which is as described.

My wife, who has a much better eye than I do for these things, really liked the exterior as well as the interior. She thinks it will make a really nice car ... for her!

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't be duped by Photoshop! Ha ha, only kidding. Actually we didn't get to see this car. You're looking at what we got to see of it. We also had the opportunity to see what I think was an earlier version whose interior wasn't illuminated. So a good look at the outside which was consistent with the "teaser reveal" which you're looking at and a not so great look at the interior which is as described.

My wife, who has a much better eye than I do for these things, really liked the exterior as well as the interior. She thinks it will make a really nice car ... for her!
Glad you made it home safely! ;-)

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got a very good look at the interior and had many of my questions answered. About all I can say is that it looks really nice inside! (I wish I could say more.)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Why are they still using regular bulbs instead of LEDs? Those turn signal bulbs stick out like teenager pimples in the headlight housing.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Great find on the press release! So, it looks like they really did listen:

- Tones replacing honking to communicate charging status
- Door open alert before you get in the car
- ability to set 12 amp charge default based on GPS location
- ...the pretty green charge hole is nice too.

·
Administrator
20,143 Posts
How fun it must have been! Well, it's still looking good as they reveal more. I'm excited to see and hear more!

Any good souvenirs?

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Administrator
20,143 Posts
I really think they did. I feel sort of sorry for them. They are doing great work but I'm not sure GM knows what it has.
The engineers deserve great credit for Gen 1 and with the little we know so far it sounds like the same will hold for Gen 2. I hope GM marketing will rise to the challenge.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
The wonders of photoshop....here's the full front grille someone posted:

frontgrillejpg.jpg

I like the more aggressive look. More faux grille doesn't bother me either. I thank God it doesn't look anything like the abomination of a mockup CarScoops posted a while back. It does seem to look a little wider than the current Volt too. Could be just my imagination though.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Eww.. Rusted brake rotors :)

Does it mean than Gen 2 will regen to stop?

1 - 20 of 128 Posts