GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
There is a large cover that hides the area from the trunk, but the small hole with the cables inside does not have a cover.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Here is what my cover looks like. It even comes with sound deadening material attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
473 Posts
The INSIDE hole does not have a cover, on purpose. That's because a rescuer needs to cut those high voltage cables as indicated by the yellow labels in case of an emergency. That's also what the label on the outside door is indicating.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies. I have the outside cover. I was referring to the hold inside the compartment with the exposed cable.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just picked up my 17 Premier. I find that the cover does not fit flush. It only has the bottom two tabs and the twist latch, but is still bulging. Nothing is being currently stored inside. Are there any other retention clips that are on your cover?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Just picked up my 17 Premier. I find that the cover does not fit flush. It only has the bottom two tabs and the twist latch, but is still bulging. Nothing is being currently stored inside. Are there any other retention clips that are on your cover?
So far, I have not had a problem with bulging. The EVSE fit inside the compartment and the cover fits ok.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Yeah, mine fits the same way... It's a poor design...

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Does the latch lever have a bit of "stick on" felt padding to hold it tight against the surrounding panel? If not, it is supposed to. There was a thread here recently where someones cover kept coming open. It turned out his was missing the felt pad. I think a few turns of black cloth electrical tape around the lever would work just as well, if not better.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yup, the latch feels secure and tight. I think that the injection molded door was not formed correctly. Everything else fit and finish wise in the vehicle is pretty good. I may just added a bit if Velcro. I'm only keeping a First Aid kit in the compartment and don't expect to open it often.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Just a quick question. Does the 2017 Volt, factory ordered, come with the 120V L1 Cable/Brick for free, or is it an add on?

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Just a quick question. Does the 2017 Volt, factory ordered, come with the 120V L1 Cable/Brick for free, or is it an add on?
One, 120v EVSE, is included with the car.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I am bumping this thread because I have the same ill-fitting rear hatch door. On bumpy roads the lever comes loose and it falls open. The rear of it is also not a good fit. I doubt Chevrolet can do much for me so am considering a mod of adding sticky black tape to the lever and perhaps some velcro or weatherstripping to the sides. Anyone else come up with any better ideas?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Here is my "partial fix" for the storage cover door problem:

-added 4 turns of black hockey tape to the opening lever paddle to give it more friction and thickness for tighter, quieter closure (it was loosening off by itself on bumpy roads)
- added a 2" long strip of 3/4" wide velcro tape to the upper rear of the cover as this region was not flush. It did not really fix the flushness much, but at least it is now a snug fit and no longer "flaps about".
- added a 1.5" strip of weatherstripping on the base of the two hooks at the bottom of the cover. Then wrapped the weatherstripping with two turns of black electrical tape. This gives the base of the cover a bit more friction and tighter fit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here is my "partial fix" for the storage cover door problem:

-added 4 turns of black hockey tape to the opening lever paddle to give it more friction and thickness for tighter, quieter closure (it was loosening off by itself on bumpy roads)
  • added a 2" long strip of 3/4" wide velcro tape to the upper rear of the cover as this region was not flush. It did not really fix the flushness much, but at least it is now a snug fit and no longer "flaps about".
  • added a 1.5" strip of weatherstripping on the base of the two hooks at the bottom of the cover. Then wrapped the weatherstripping with two turns of black electrical tape. This gives the base of the cover a bit more friction and tighter fit.
Definitely going to try this

1 - 20 of 20 Posts