GM Volt Forum banner

2016 Volt Gen 2 rim question?

3474 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Mister Dave
Looks like the LTZ is going to be a little pricey. The only problem for me is the rims... Looks like there might be a 3rd rim option. Is there any photos of all the rim options? Also does anyone have an inside on the rim upgrade price on the base model? Thanks!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,369 Posts
Looks like the LTZ is going to be a little pricey. The only problem for me is the rims... Looks like there might be a 3rd rim option. Is there any photos of all the rim options? Also does anyone have an inside on the rim upgrade price on the base model? Thanks!
My guess is that it will be similar to the two gen 1 upgrade options which you can find on the build and price website. Ithink $595 and $695 for the gen 1 upgrades.

· Registered
575 Posts
What makes you think there will be a third rim option? I hate the LTZ rims.

· Registered
46 Posts
I actually ordered this 3rd rim(SJH) option blindly, but I'm assuming it'll be identical to the RTN wheels with the exception being the pockets painted gloss black. However, I too would like to see actual pics...

· Registered
10,056 Posts
4th rim option: Aftermarket, and there are many more choices. Get the $0 OEM option and have your dealer swap them prior to delivery. Then you can sell your OEM rims here and recoup some of the cost of your aftermarkets. People are always looking for a rim for a spare here. In my case a member bought the whole set.

· Registered
3,574 Posts
4th rim option: Aftermarket, and there are many more choices. Get the $0 OEM option and have your dealer swap them prior to delivery. Then you can sell your OEM rims here and recoup some of the cost of your aftermarkets. People are always looking for a rim for a spare here. In my case a member bought the whole set.
You're right but odds are the only choice you have is to go from LTZs to base and should tell a dealer your plans during navigation...Also it appears to be a very limited allocation so until seeing dealerships with Gen2s on the lot, a dealer may say no to this plan until he finds a person who wants a base with LTZ rims...

· Registered
10,056 Posts
You're right but odds are the only choice you have is to go from LTZs to base and should tell a dealer your plans during navigation...Also it appears to be a very limited allocation so until seeing dealerships with Gen2s on the lot, a dealer may say no to this plan until he finds a person who wants a base with LTZ rims...
I'm not talking about having a dealer swap OEM wheels between cars. If you go LTZ and don't like the wheels you paid extra for, have the dealer swap them for aftermarkets. Folks will pay more for extra LTZ wheels you sell here, just as they do for polished G1 wheels now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.