GM Volt Forum banner

2016 Volt 120v EVSE is L1/L2 Conversion Capable

560K views 1K replies 288 participants last post by  talldude90 
You make my point. They ship them with different plugs. Not the same plug and an adapter that does not meet code.
The Code exists to prevent unsafe configurations, but it is not an exhaustive list of safe configurations. The risk isn't that the adapters being discussed here will explode if properly used, it's that they will be misused. That's a real risk, but so is sticking your finger into an empty light bulb socket (which is something I did in a department store light bulb display when I was 5 years old, wondering where the "light" came from).

What do you mean by "the Feb '17 remodel" ?
Were there (significant) mid-year changes/updates done to the cars? :confused: :confused:
I'm not aware of anything significant, but there are a number of service bulletins that apply to older cars - so presumably there were some tweaks to the production process in response to problems found on early vehicles.

Jeez, How much older can they be? The very first few only arrived in mid-December, with the real roll-out not starting until January, so we're really only talking about 2 or 3 weeks of sales there before February. Heck, production didn't really even get going until the first part of November.
It's not at all unusual for a bunch of service bulletins to be issued within the first few months of production as the teething problems get sorted out.

Any links to these service bulletins?
You'll have to follow the threads in the other Bolt forums. A Google search for "Bolt EV forums" will point you to them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.