GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Within a month of owning the Volt, a piece of the lightning bolt on the VOLT logo broke off because the adhesive does not extend all the way to the end leaving a piece of plastic dangling which is easily broken.

I brought in my Volt for the Android Car update today and they agreed to fix it as a "one time favor". Upon inspection, I can see GM changed the design and the adhesive now extends all the way to the end correcting an obvious design problem.

If you have a broken logo, it's worth asking for a fix under warranty.

·
Registered
18 Posts
This was the same issue with the Gen1 Volts. The top half of the lightening bolt broke off while drying the car on my 2013. My service department said that they will replace logos once. I didn't get mine repaired until right before trade-in.

·
Administrator
19,980 Posts
No issue with my 2011. Of course, it's had very, very few issues of any sort.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
It's not really an 'issue'. Many vehicle emblems have had a section like that over the decades. Sometimes things break.
It sounds like a good customer service feel-good thing some dealers do, however it should not be expected.

Be careful :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Really, it's not a warranty issue if the logo falls off/breaks off? Is it a warranty issue if my mirror falls off? or the hatch trim piece falls off? Am I supposed to be grateful that they replaced something that was installed with a defect? Sheesh...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts