GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Any idea if there will be a software update for 2016 Power Menu to add the 3rd page like on the 2017s? The page with the orange bar graphs. ??

· Registered
10,014 Posts
All car manufacturers except Tesla do not 'upgrade' features to newer ones. The business model is to quickly obsolete last year's model and upgrade the entire car. IOW, ya need to buy a new car to get this feature.

· Banned
7,821 Posts
All car manufacturers except Tesla do not 'upgrade' features to newer ones. The business model is to quickly obsolete last year's model and upgrade the entire car. IOW, ya need to buy a new one.
Yep, pretty much this. 2011 owners never got an update for kWh usage tracking, so don't hold your breath for the energy screen the '17s have.

· Registered
242 Posts
Meh. I have a 2017 model, that usage screen (orange-to-green bars) is the one I look at the least.

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Meh. I have a 2017 model, that usage screen (orange-to-green bars) is the one I look at the least.
Good to know. I don't even know what information that screen gives, but it is always shown for the 2017 model. Thanks.

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All car manufacturers except Tesla do not 'upgrade' features to newer ones. The business model is to quickly obsolete last year's model and upgrade the entire car. IOW, ya need to buy a new car to get this feature.
That's why I like to get everything I want when I do buy so I'll be happier longer. Thanks for the reply.

· Registered
2,737 Posts
Anyone have a picture of it? I don't know what I'm missing with my '16.
Your not missing anything. Its a game, it gives you a score on how the car used its energy. The scores are based on Driving Technique, Terrain, Climate Settings, and Outside Temperature. Obviously you only have control on two of the four variables.

· Registered
926 Posts
2017 here, and I too get negative. If I so much as touch climate for a little defogging, the climate bar goes negative. Unfair it doesn't have a positive range so I can heat up the car with my natural methane.

· Banned
7,821 Posts
Touch the HVAC and you get -5. Lol

Attachments

· Registered
926 Posts
It's like you can't win. At 88F where you are, your ambient score went up to +4.9. Course, 88F ambient means at minimum it's the same inside your car (more likely 95F). So you have to use HVAC (ambient wind is useless) so there goes your +4.9 due to ambient thanks to the -5 you take on HVAC use.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.