GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2016 Nav has this little annoyance with me when I make some visual changes (zoom | orientation) this lower popup (red box below) hangs around and doesn't lower for at least 20 seconds. If I bounce to other areas such as audio and come back then it will go away in 8ish seconds. Or if I'm navigating and I click 'overview' then 'reset' it goes away in 8ish seconds.

My reason is that I want to see if the zoom level is 'sufficient' or see if the route is correct quickly. 20+ seconds is annoying.

When navigating there is a stop sign (cancel) and audio mute (I think) on the left of that screen. As well the favorite app icons take up a lot of space at the top. I need a 17" screen apparently <smirk>

Image: http://i.imgur.com/YVgZIVY.png

·
Banned
75 Posts
I'd also like to know

I'd also like to know. The navigation on the Volt is terrible and the layout of the display is even worse. I'm hoping the forecasted android app will allow me to use Google maps or Waze and eliminate all of the distracting items on the display. Until then I'll use my phone as my gps.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The 2016 Nav has this little annoyance with me when I make some visual changes (zoom | orientation) this lower popup (red box below) hangs around and doesn't lower for at least 20 seconds. If I bounce to other areas such as audio and come back then it will go away in 8ish seconds. Or if I'm navigating and I click 'overview' then 'reset' it goes away in 8ish seconds.

My reason is that I want to see if the zoom level is 'sufficient' or see if the route is correct quickly. 20+ seconds is annoying.

When navigating there is a stop sign (cancel) and audio mute (I think) on the left of that screen. As well the favorite app icons take up a lot of space at the top. I need a 17" screen apparently <smirk>

Image: http://i.imgur.com/YVgZIVY.png
Scott, maybe I'm missing something, but my favorites show just below the popup menu you've outlined in red and I can't seem to get rid of them. Are your "favorites" hidden or minimized or did you just not include them in the picture? I know you've been playing around with this so any feedback is much appreciated!

-Steele

·
Registered
124 Posts
Scott, maybe I'm missing something, but my favorites show just below the popup menu you've outlined in red and I can't seem to get rid of them. Are your "favorites" hidden or minimized or did you just not include them in the picture? I know you've been playing around with this so any feedback is much appreciated!

-Steele
I believe auto-hide of the favorites is a setting under audio, I'll have to go home and check.

·
Registered
102 Posts
So I totally figured out how to hide the bottom row of "Favorites" on the NAV screen and I'm shaking my head for not figuring it out earlier. Just had to "swipe down" on the Favorites to hide them. Sorry! haha

·
Registered
574 Posts
I believe auto-hide of the favorites is a setting under audio, I'll have to go home and check.
It autohides, but there sometimes it just shows it for a while and there seems no way to manually hide it. Sometimes it goes away after I start my navigation, sometimes it just doesn't.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts