GM Volt Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13,925 Posts
Oh crap, when I typed the words "clinton campaign" in the above post it turned into a link to a pro-Clinton site selling buttons and campaign items. So I feel I must clarify, I am NOT a Clinton supporter!!!!! Sorry about the inadvertent link.
Don't worry, the clinton ads are unique to you. The ads that show up on my version of this thread are for Hilton hotels since I just made a Hampton Inn reservation online for short trip to Cleveland for next weekend. It's scary how they can do that.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Don't worry, the clinton ads are unique to you. The ads that show up on my version of this thread are for Hilton hotels since I just made a Hampton Inn reservation online for short trip to Cleveland for next weekend. It's scary how they can do that.
Bah. They're scary when you've booked the flight and get hotel ads BEFORE you book the hotel. The other way around is a waste of advertising; it's not like you need a hotel AFTER you've booked one.

·
Registered
13,925 Posts
Bah. They're scary when you've booked the flight and get hotel ads BEFORE you book the hotel. The other way around is a waste of advertising; it's not like you need a hotel AFTER you've booked one.
I think it captured that I was searching for hotels, so it's throwing in ads. They had no idea I actually booked. It makes me want to surf in private mode all the time, but I do appreciate not having to log in over and over again in non-private mode. This forum would be no fun to navigate.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm wondering what worked for the original poster. It comes up every time I start the car. Were you able to "train" the car again? I would like to avoid the dealer since I just spent $800 replacing a leaky $50 condenser line in the AC system.

Background: Several days ago I went to start my car and it (display, solenoids etc.) behaved erratically. I figured it had to be the 12V battery and sure enough it was down to 8V. It discharged over 6 days for some reason. I was able to charge it up and so far, so good from a battery point of view. The charge is holding. Phantom power seems to be about 6W but that might have included the hatch light at the time. I cleared trouble codes P0603, U3018 and P25C9 but the "Open then close driver window" is displayed and pretty annoying.

Hoping for suggestions so the dealer doesn't soak me hours "troubleshooting" the issue.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
if still good, After a major discharge, suspect battery (they don't like that). When you are measuring battery voltage do it after the car has been sitting several hours. If still good, disconnect negative lead for a while, then reconnect. See if systems reset.

·
Registered
13,925 Posts
5 year old thread, I doubt the OP is even around paying attention anymore

·
Registered
59 Posts
I put the window down then up and dismissed the message but they came back the next time I started the car.

I then thought, lets train it. I opened and closed the window 5 times and the message dismissed on its own and has not come back.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had NO idea this forum was going to be so fun!!! You guys certainly have a great sense of humor. I can hardly wait to get the "windows down" alert. It would probably happen today, since it's snowing right now.

Cheers, All

21 - 28 of 28 Posts