GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 would not charge, so dealer finally changed HPCM2. Volt now charges but range dropped 30%. Battery usage now dropper to 10.2 KWh (was 14.2 KWh). Is there a calibration issue?

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Sounds like what I'd expect out of my 2014. Is this actually running from full charge to empty? Possibly a softwate error? Or it might correct itself over time. What does the dealer say?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Is your actual range reduced or are you seeing reduced range estimates on your display? It could be the range estimator driving history used to make the estimate has been reset. It might take some time for the range estimator to gather new data.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
If nothing else, I would make a call to the SA to let them know, but suggest that you're willing to give it a few charge/empty/charge cycles to see if it just needed to be recalibrated. Hopefully they'll note this in your record so if it does come back in, it's not considered a "new" issue.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
I guess replacing the unit is one way to re-program/flash.

several service steps are going to zero out ( or return to default some setting )

on my 2012 is see something like 35 or 36 range after some recall work and a few charge cycles to get back to normal.

the cell hold point recall did drop the KWh numbers a few percent .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess replacing the unit is one way to re-program/flash.

several service steps are going to zero out ( or return to default some setting )

on my 2012 is see something like 35 or 36 range after some recall work and a few charge cycles to get back to normal.

the cell hold point recall did drop the KWh numbers a few percent .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After 5 complete battery discharge/charge cycles ranges are back to normal for: the guess-o-meter/actual range ( 68mi./60mi.)
Thanks to all for input

1 - 9 of 9 Posts