GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I added a heated steering wheel to my 2016 volt LT along with the clock spring for a heated steering wheel, but it doesn’t work. When I looked at the wiring diagram in the service manual it didn’t look like the heating control module was connected to the BCM, so I thought it would be easy switch. I assumed that the wiring harness between the models would be the same, and there was even a fuse in the heated steering wheel spot in the fuse block, so I swapped the parts, but it doesn’t work. Has anyone else tried this, or does anyone have suggestions to get it to work. Thank you!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have not done this, but I did something similar on my last new vehicle. I had bought a new Jeep Wrangler back in '09 that was a stripped out base model. I wanted to add factory cruise control and fog lights to it. The factory cruise control plugged right into the steering column and immediately worked perfectly, but the fog lights did not. In the end, it involved taking my Jeep to the dealership and they had to flash the computer in order to enable the fog light circuitry. It took some explaining to the service manager, but they were willing to give it a shot. It took them 15 mins and they decided not to charge me because he made the realization that they could now add cruise control to every Jeep he had on the lot regardless of the option package it originally came with.

Not sure if that is possible in your case, but it may be worth a shot. I'd be willing to bet that all of the wires and connections are there, you might just need to tell the computer to supply power to them. Please keep us updated if you figure it out. I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in adding one if thats all it takes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts