GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Any body a problem with oil leaking in the back of the engine? I joust past 107000 milles on the car so any issues out of warranty..... As well check engine error code P0300

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
The oil leak might be the oil pan seal. From you pics, that's where it looks like it's coming from. 2017 Oil leak in my garage
have you noticed any oil on spots higher than the oil pan seal?

Code P0300 is a "random misfire" code. You could check whether this bulletin has been applied to your car:

I can't really think of something that might cause both the oil leak and the random misfire. Maybe a faulty/leaking PCV? (Which is integrated in the valve cover).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the car on a lift yesterday. It look like the head gasket could be leaking i found oil next to later 403 on the engine... that the highest point that i found fresh oil after cleaning. Going to try to do a UV die and see then... Aswell I check the two PCV that are on top of the engine, not the one inside... and they worked fine. Maybe the 3 that in side could be fine? Do you know a way to check it without opening the engine?

·
Registered
358 Posts
A leaking head gasket could cause both problems. It might cause both an oil leak and fouled plugs, leading to misfires. You might want to check to see if your engine oil is milky, whether your engine coolant is cloudy and whether your spark plugs are wet. Good luck and keep us updated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts