GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Volt that I acquired in February. I believe it was built in either December or January (I don't recall and I'm too lazy to go look ;-).

In any case, it has been running just fine since I acquired it. Last week I took it in to get the Android Auto update (which the dealer installed fine and with no drama). While there, the dealer performed a recall which consisted of an ECM reprogramming labelled "32340 Engine Misfire." Note that the Chevy website did not list any recalls for my VIN when I checked.

After this service, the car feels like it has the chuggle issue when running on the ICE. It definitely did not have this issue previously.

Anyone else have this experience?

When I have time, I will take it back to the dealer and complain of the chuggle problem to see if there is yet more reprogramming available.

TIA

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have not yet checked with my dealer to see if my 17 needs any updates, but now that I know that I'm not crazy and I really did notice something awry with my new car, I plan to contact the dealer and see if the chuggle service update applies to mine. It's really interesting that my 13 didn't have anything like this (it was just noisy and sounded like you were killing it if you dipped into the throttle too much when it was running in generator mode). But it never felt like this. This issue and the lack of the homelink (which I plan to remedy myself) are the only things keeping me from loving my new Volt as much as I loved the 13.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Sorry. After the misfire update the issue went away on my 16. Much smoother on ice now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
I checked this morning by engaging HOLD mode and felt the same thing, although the transition wasn't nearly as clunky as yesterday, whatever that means. I really couldn't tell that it transitioned this morning, much like my '13, but once on the ICE, it was still definitely chuggling. Does anyone know how to check when the car was built? I'll definitely call my dealer about the update and see if it's been done. I hope it hasn't When did they start producing "2017's"?

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
I checked this morning by engaging HOLD mode and felt the same thing, although the transition wasn't nearly as clunky as yesterday, whatever that means. I really couldn't tell that it transitioned this morning, much like my '13, but once on the ICE, it was still definitely chuggling. Does anyone know how to check when the car was built? I'll definitely call my dealer about the update and see if it's been done. I hope it hasn't When did they start producing "2017's"?
Inside the driver's door frame, there is a label with the manufacturing date. The 2017's started rolling off the line on Feb 1.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts