1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
http://www.forbes.com/sites/lianeyvkoff/2016/05/15/the-2016-chevrolet-volt-meet-the-new-normal/#45b331764271

Not a 100% positive review, but I think that stems from the fact the reviewer is an "average" driver, versus us EV fans. Minor nitpicks here and there, but overall a nice, positive review.
Overall, fairly good, however I take umbrage with the seating for five of the Prius Plug-in Prius.
The PiP is no longer offered for sale and the replacement (the Toyota "Prime") has seating for 4.

·
Registered
716 Posts
LOL, "...It’s neither pure EV, nor sporty compact car–it’s trying to be both. "

That's the whole point: There's nothing else like it out there, except for some lame attempts that miss the mark badly.
You gotta laugh when they take the Volt's strengths and try to cast them as weaknesses.

Circa 1905: "It's neither a horse-drawn carriage, nor a saddled horse. Alas, this horseless carriage cannot slip smoothly into any existing markets."

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Some interesting insight but she didn't do her research...A lot of times these are recycled stories with just the title changed...I don't think she properly spelled out about the 5th seat...She said it doesn't have ACC which is true, the MY16 didn't but considering this story is a few days old she should update that it is available on the MY17...Also the 54 miles of range needs to be corrected...

Every time I read this I just get sad because fast(er) charging is greener:

"There still is no DC fast charging option because most people charge overnight at home, according to GM spokesperson Fred Ligouri, adding that its gasoline engine eliminates the need to charge frequently or while you’re on the road."

·
Registered
747 Posts
Circa 1905: "It's neither a horse-drawn carriage, nor a saddled horse. Alas, this horseless carriage cannot slip smoothly into any existing markets."
Or the 2015 equivalent: "The Microsoft Surface Pro is neither a laptop nor a tablet. Alas, this device will have no market."

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Or the 2015 equivalent: "The Microsoft Surface Pro is neither a laptop nor a tablet. Alas, this device will have no market."
(Noting here that Chromebooks, neither laptop nor tablet, sell about 30,000 units per day into the educational market. You may not see many of them in use, but your kids do.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts