GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Bought my volt on Dec 21, 2015. This afternoon I left the charge port cover open after disconnecting the charging cable. While pulling the vehicle out of the garage in a hurry the cover struck the side of a pillar in the garage and came off. See pictures below. Does anyone have any experience with putting the cover back on? Has anyone taken their Volt to the dealership to get this fixed and how much $$$ did it set them back?

There are two grooves with tabs on the back of the body panel cover that would seem to slide on the charge port door. However I am able to slide it only half way into the charge port door. Anybody have any tricks to accomplish this? Any tips would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
GigaVolt.

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,150 Posts
Gen 1 slides and snaps in. Seems like Gen 2 may do the same.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Does anything look broken?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Looks like the bottom track on cover is ripped off.. Just glue it on with silicon and forget about it...why spend the money?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah, I've had the charge door cover pop off a few times. It slides right back on. Just line the tabs up and slide it horizontally.

Looks like the bottom track on cover is ripped off.. Just glue it on with silicon and forget about it
It's a little hard to see in the picture, but it doesn't look like anything's ripped off. The most likely scenario is that the cover just popped off. It can be popped back on.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I managed to crack mine today in half- anyone have a part number to order a new one?
Your GM parts department would have that information for you.

Looks like the bottom track on cover is ripped off.. Just glue it on with silicon and forget about it...why spend the money?
This is what I would do if it is broken.

·
Banned
154 Posts
Looks like the bottom track and locking tab are broken off. Is the missing track in the door hinge arm plate? Or on your garage floor?
Find the broken pieces and they could be glued back on.
A replacement door is inexpensive, but would need to be painted to match your car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts