GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I washed my 2016 Volt on a below-freezing day this winter, and I went home to plug in to charge, the door had icicles at that time, so I put a bit more pressure in pressing it in to open, it opened fine and I charged it overnight without thinking much about it, since this had occasionally happened before. The next day I noticed the charge door warning came on when I shifted into reverse or drive, and it has been warning ever since.

The car operates fine in every way, i's just annoying since always chimes when I shift away from park, then I have to hit the dismiss button. Repairing something so minor seems like it could be labor intensive, since whatever sensor is behind the body panel next to the charge door. Also seems like it could be easily broken again. Is there a way I can disable this alarm via a fuse or some other workaround? I tried looking at the mechanical wire in the charge door that is supposed to be pushed up when the door is closed, it has a clicking sound still when I push with my finger, but that doesn't necessarily indicate any electrical signal is getting through when it's normally closed.

Has anyone else heard of anything similar regarding the charge door? Thanks in advance for any advice.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts