GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Definitely, the plastic is deformed. Does the car has the optional dealer installed interior ambient lighting packages? If yes, most likely the deformity is caused by improper dealer install. Take it back and demand a fix - the back plastic trim is easy removed and replaced.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Mine was like that too when I bought it @ 550 miles. I think it looks slightly worse after they replaced Hybrid Battery Section 3 on my vehicle; I think they probably had to remove the cover to access part of the battery.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Mine doesn't have those bulges but you're Common Sense Detector is plenty accurate: those white cracks on the bulge are not normal anywhere. Either they used long bolts/screws as you said or forgot some spacers to prevent bottoming out on proper length bolts/screws.

Sounds like it's the dealer's fault for improper install.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow. The dealer (not the seller) said that it was caused by 2 bolts that should have been removed. They didn't say whether it was a dealer prep or factory omission. Waiting on the plastic, and should be as good as new. First actual problem other than a flat tire.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Interesting...I'll have to ask about that when I get my oil changed. That probably won't be until July; hopefully I remember...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts