GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 12V battery in my 2016 Volt was run down the other night & the car would not start. I disconnected the battery overnight and charged it with a 2A battery charger. When I reconnected the battery and powered up the car for the first time, I was shocked to find the ELR style instrument cluster graphics displayed on the instrument cluster (see sample link below). The display had the 0-120mph markings around the perimeter of the center ring and a sweeping needle, along with the shaded "curved glass" effect towards the top/center of the cluster, exactly like the ELR.

I was excited that I had this new instrument cluster view, but unfortunately after restarting the car a second time it reverted to the Volt modern enhanced view I was accustomed to and I'm unable to get back to the ELR style cluster.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there any way to save the ELR style cluster settings in a Gen2 Volt?

cadillac elr instrument cluster - Bing images

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've seen a similar glitch in a Buick Regal GS we just sold. It was a 2014 with the digital cluster. A few times during ownership I had started the car and it showed the display info for a Regal with e-assist instead. It went away after restart.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.