GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a note. The red bars in the backup camera align with a vertical plane that allows 2' walkaround distance.

·
Registered
748 Posts
For those of us who are red-green colorblind, I assume the "red zone" is the nearest square? So the far edge of the nearest square corresponds to 2' from the back of the car?

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the last horz cross markers before your bumper. I used a T square and a straight line shadow.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Just a note. The red bars in the backup camera align with a vertical plane that allows 2' walkaround distance.
That's not the same as my Gen 1. The closest bar is almost under the back bumper. The parking sensors go to a solid tone at about the same distance, maybe a hand's width.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Measured mine previously and it was about 18 inches. I suspect that it may vary slightly depending on assembly and variations in materials (i.e. mounting location, clip, etc) as the focal point is a couple feet off the ground.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Measured mine previously and it was about 18 inches. I suspect that it may vary slightly depending on assembly and variations in materials (i.e. mounting location, clip, etc) as the focal point is a couple feet off the ground.
Probably allowable tolerances. Small changes in the angle of the camera will make large changes to the distance.

In any case, the red line is enough to access the back of the car when backing up to a wall or fence.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts