GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have been driving my Volt for almost 2 years now. I previously had a 2012 Volt. I have to say the 2015 has way more bugs than my previous one. I had the same problem as other people here: screen frozen at Navigation Initializing. It was fixed by reinstalling the software and doing an update. Right now, sometime it will take 30sec to get out of the initialization.

Other intermittent problems: Center stack screen would freeze then turn off and reboot, slow responding of buttons on screen or steering wheel.

But the most annoying thing right now, is when I turn off the car, it will honk at me 3 times rapidly. I drive and park the car, then push the power button: It will honk right away. I am still sitting in the car with the door closed. Anybody has heard of that one? And how to fix it? I haven't been to the dealership as they told me they would have to keep the car for a few days and I would have to rent a vehicle for that period of time.

It sounds like it is telling me that I forgot my key fob in the car. But I am still in the car. It will happen with either key fob.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
A failing 12v battery or bad connections have been known to cause a whole suite of similar problems. I'd check there first.

·
Registered
478 Posts
A failing 12v battery or bad connections have been known to cause a whole suite of similar problems. I'd check there first.
Yep. Always check the easy things first.

Of course, it's a 2015, so take it do the dealer and be done with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts