GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My passenger side carpet stays wet, I pulled the side panel off the console and blew out the A/C drain tube and back flushed the tube into the evap. I have wrapped the drain tube with insulation and checked the aluminum lines just above the console for condensation, the top of the console hump appears to be dry. What am I missing?
Thanks,

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
This guy on FB has found out where the water is coming in from:

·
Registered
36 Posts
This guy on FB has found out where the water is coming in from:

I’m in the uk,there are 3 places it can get in.
I’ve found 4 cars over here where the seam sealer has split and leaked between the spot welded bulkhead.
On our drivers side it’s just below the wiper assembly,I’ll message you with The pics

·
Registered
20 Posts
Can you send me those pics too? I have the same problem but I stopped the AC issue by putting in some clear plastic house maybe 2 inches long inside the regular drain hose so it drains away from the seam but I still need to seal that seam for the rainy days.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have given my repair effort about 4 days to test for leaks and I am sure this is working. As stated earlier, Passenger side carpet was wet, as a good clue, Oneill forwarded me a pic from another post but it showed the rusty color on the seam sealer area. I pulled my carpet and found the same look on my sealer, picked at it a little and large chunks came up very easily, you could clearly see where the water was coming in. I pulled my A/C drain and added a 90 Deg. extension (from Home Depot) so that the condensation would not run down the side of the tunnel, I lifted the car up to look in that area and it was clear the the condensation was running into the trans/floorboard seam and seeping through. I cleaned the seam, had to lightly scuff the surface to get some silicone RTV to really stick well. I packed it in the seam area and smoothed it out. If you have other leaks, look for the rusty areas on the seam sealer. Volt leak 1.jpg Volt ac leak 2.JPG Volt ac leak rusty.JPG Volt leak 1.jpg Volt AC drain .JPG

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oh ok, I thought you would need to seal it from the outside of the car but sealing from the inside seems much easier. I'll have to try and pick some of the body sealer out first and the 90 degree elbow seems like a better idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts