GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I am a previous Volt owner (2012) which got totaled in January of this year with 237k miles on it.

So, I just bought a used 2015 Volt with 40k miles on it. After buying the car, I took a look in the trunk under the mat and it looks like there are items missing. The OEM inflator and the OEM charging cable are there. There are two spots on the right that appear to be where something would be.

Would any of you have a list of the items that might be there or have a photo of what's under the mat in the 2015 Volt?

I'd like to get those items replaced if possible

Thank you!

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Hey everyone,

I am a previous Volt owner (2012) which got totaled in January of this year with 237k miles on it.

So, I just bought a used 2015 Volt with 40k miles on it. After buying the car, I took a look in the trunk under the mat and it looks like there are items missing. The OEM inflator and the OEM charging cable are there. There are two spots on the right that appear to be where something would be.

Would any of you have a list of the items that might be there or have a photo of what's under the mat in the 2015 Volt?

I'd like to get those items replaced if possible

Thank you!
Nope, nothing there in USA cars. I believe in foreign versions there was a tow eye, first aid kit and a reflective triangle.

·
Registered
151 Posts
They're marked - one is for a first aid kit, marked with a "+" and the other is for the roadside safety triangle thingy, marked with a triangle.

I've read that many of them were sold without these items. My 2012 doesn't have them either and the guy I bought it from was ridiculously OCD about things like that.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
They're marked - one is for a first aid kit, marked with a "+" and the other is for the roadside safety triangle thingy, marked with a triangle.

I've read that many of them were sold without these items. My 2012 doesn't have them either and the guy I bought it from was ridiculously OCD about things like that.
They weren't supplied in USA sold cars.

·
Registered
2013 Volt - Silver Topaz
311 Posts
I think they are required in the EU. When we lived in Germany in the late 80’s we were required to have a first aid kit and warning triangle in both cars. Our german spec Mercedes had a spot for both, the first aid kit actually had a little compartment in the middle of the “hat shelf” behind the rear seat, accessible only from the passenger compartment. I still have the triangle and first aid kit that we carried around in the Toyota, lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts