GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a new 2015 Volt and am putting the OEM charger up for sale. I have a charger carried over from my Prius Plug-In that's upgraded to work with 120 and 240 and have no need for this one. The unit has never been removed from the truck of the Volt, thus never used.

$350 OBRO - Price includes standard shipping to the lower 48.

Please feel free to message me for additional information or if you have questions.

Thanks,

Jesse

·
Registered
274 Posts
Since the EVSE is part of the car, what is your plan when you sell or trade the car?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good question. Will probably do what I did with the Volt's predecessor - either trade without it as the new owner had 240 permanent charging installed in their garage and access to a public charger at work, or absorb a small hit on the trade/sale value at that point. It's replacement is a pending Model S order, so I will probably just include the modified PiP charger. For what I'm asking, I'd rather have the money in hand now as I have no need for the unit at this time.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I have more than it would seem, but wouldn't be burdened if I had a little more.

I wasn't losing out on the tax play for the year, thus the Volt. The Model S was supposed to handle that role until the delay.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
When I traded in my PIP for the Volt- the Chevy dealer couldn't have cared less if the PIP's EVSE was included or not- they didn't look for it or ask about it.
Many trade-in's end up at auction nowadays after a very short stay on the dealers used car lot. Cars sold at auction sell for low prices because they're as is and that includes missing all the little add-ons like EVSE's, spare tires, jacks, etc...

Trading in without the OEM (or even any) EVSE won't be an issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts