GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

First time here.

My 2015 Volt is amazing. Love the mileage and the ride is good as well.

Weirdness happening in the center console (where the radio/nav are). Sometimes while driving it will just blank out and no buttons work. Sometimes you touch a radio change button to change the station or pres the nav menu button to make changes and nothing happens. 3 minutes to more than 5 minutes later it does all of the button clicks you di .... one after another in rapid succession.
Today, after backing up, I put her in drive to move forward and the screen blanked out but still had the back up rails on there. Wouldn't move. So I stopped. Put her in park. Turned it off and counted to 15 then started her up again. Everything worked.
Been doing the research, but beyond fidgiting with the fuses associated with that console anything is beyond me. Should I have to fidget with the fuses, if that works, every time it messes up?
Would this be a warranty thing from Chevrolet?
Help is welcomed.

Craig

·
Registered
13,679 Posts
It just does that sometimes. I’ve seen it happen, but maybe less than a handful of times through my 7 years of volt ownershit

Reactions: CraigLMurray

·
Registered
13,679 Posts
If it happens sparingly, no. If it happens semi daily, then maybe so. As for a warranty issue, if you can get it to consistently happen then maybe they’ll do something, but if you can’t get it to happen in front of them, they’ll be spending a lot of time trying to diagnose a ghost.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I had some weirdness like that. Screen would blank out, system would reboot randomly. A new 12 volt AGM battery solved the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts