I'm facing the end of my Volt lease in August, and mulling over its replacement. New Volt is at the top of the list, but I would prefer to experience something at least a little different. So without considering possible 2.0 version changes (e.g., 5 seats, 60 miles ER, etc.), which may not be here until 2016 or 2017, what would you like to see improved in the 2015 version, being realistic about what can be done?
- A new dashboard, or at least center console. The interior is dated. Even the Cruze's is better, IMO. Bring back good old fashion knobs, or a Tesla style fully computerized console. I happen to think it would suit the Volt better than the Tesla. Don't turn it into a Buick though. I personally dislike American-style luxury (i.e., chrome, wood, slippery seats). Keep it tight and sporty.
- More efficient heating
- A few more miles per charge, tapping a little further down the SOC. Seems to me like GM is a little too cautious here.
- Better control over when and how the engine runs: No ERDTT for small trips (is polluting and gets atrocious mpg), option to increase the SOC buffer and limit engine RPM. I understand the latter would be at the expense of optimum efficiency, but I would like the option.
- Connection to remote app via WIFI
- A facelift: without deep structural changes, make the car recognizable as a MY20015.