GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 LT Cajun Red, with Comfort, Confidence, Ash Leather & Premium Sound packages
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately the heating element will not come on under any circumstance. When the DIC is set to display the Power Gauge, it never goes above 0.5kW when the car is parked, lights off regardless of the Heat Status Indicator - OFF or ON.
When the heating system is working correctly the Power Gauge would jump from 0.5kW to 6kW once the heater was called.
Now the only way to heat the cabin is to drive around in HOLD mode until the coolant in the gas engine is hot.

Facebook fella suggested I disconnect the 12v for 10 seconds and THAT WORKED (but just for one time) I drove to work, 4 miles away toasty-warm. On the way home 5 hours later... no heat in EV mode. While parked, the Power Gauge on the DIC stayed at 0.5kW no matter if the Heat Status Indicator showed OFF or ON.

Product Communication Device Gadget Font Screenshot

·
Registered
2011 Premium, Nav (added back-up camera! :)
355 Posts
I would suspect the circulating pump.

·
Registered
2018 LT Cajun Red, with Comfort, Confidence, Ash Leather & Premium Sound packages
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update - the heat will come on - sometimes - in EV mode, Maybe one out of 5 times driving the car?
Today, I pulled fuse 37, drove around the block in EV mode, came home, shut it off and replaced the fuse. Heater's working good for now.

What does pulling that fuse toggle?

I have an appointment at the dealer to check it out next week. Is this covered under the Voltec warranty?

Thanks a lot,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Any update on what the dealer said? I'm having the same issue. I've already replaced the coolant pump and it has helped yet still get the no heat in EV mode every so often. Will usually work in Ev mode again after the engine runs and hearts everything up.

Very curious to know what the dealer said.

Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah. Sorry I forgot to keep up with this posting. I feel like I may have cheated to get out of the problem. The Saturday before the appointment, I took an opportunity to trade the 2015 for a 2018. I have no idea what the resolution may have been. They wouldn't tell be who bought the trade-in even though I accidentally left my prescription sunglasses in it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ah. Sorry I forgot to keep up with this posting. I feel like I may have cheated to get out of the problem. The Saturday before the appointment, I took an opportunity to trade the 2015 for a 2018. I have no idea what the resolution may have been. They wouldn't tell be who bought the trade-in even though I accidentally left my prescription sunglasses in it.
Hope you disclosed the issue. ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I told them that's what exactly why I was trading it in and they did not seem to care. They gave me just about as much for the car as I paid for it 6 months earlier. If we hear of a new owner of a silver 2015 in Oregon, I have a lot of details about that car. I have saved all the Carfax, all the receipts. But the receiving dealer was not interested in any of that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts