GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to purchase a Volt! I've done tons of research and this EV seems to be the winner. Anyone own/lease a 2014 and can talk about newer features? How is it? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
None, its identical to the 2013, just two new paint colors and the charge port is manual open close

1,214 Posts
Oh, and don't forget the Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel and that little reduction in M.S.R.P........$5,000.00!

Still stunned to see a formerly priced Loaded Big Boy Volt at $39,795.00 instead of the $44,795.00 of last year. Volt to be following the Ski Slope Graph of ElectronicToys rather then the Hockey Puck Graph of the Automotive Business.

Here it is in Black and White-

Breath Taking-

http://www.chevrolet.com/volt-electric-car.html

Even stranger: Do a MY2011 Chevy Volt EREV used search on Auto Trader. Go out 500 miles. Be stunned at the high resale sale prices.

Finally Bren, know that you are about to buy or lease a machine that US News and World Reports has rated as a upscale midsized car since the spring of 2011. Competing on their Best Cars Leader Board against the Mercedes Benz C-Class, The BMW 3, The Acura TL, The Cadillac CTS, the Lexus IS, the Lincoln Mk, just to name a few of the 20 Best Midsized Cars in the World.

Look at how this car you are about to own or lease stacks up with these World Cars!

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/rankings/Upscale-Midsize-Cars/

Best-

Thomas J. Thias

Sundance Chevrolet Inc.

517-749-0532

Twitter- @AmazingChevVolt

·
Registered
199 Posts
There is no price difference today on all remaining from 2013 -> 2014 , zip zero
Make sure you read about the major quirky issues these cars have. They come about Random and strong! Good luck with your purchase. You may do better leasing though.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I own both, a 2013 and a 2014. I do not know exactly why, but the 2014 rides a bit better.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Door is now manual to open, key fob button from old method now used to delay charge supposedly, 2 new colors, old ones dropped, interior colors limited to black/dark accents, black/white accents, pebble beige. Seems like nothing else much announced.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I only know the 2014's but I thought there was a difference with MyLink radio wasn't there? I love mine - family of 5 too! My wife has a Honda Odyssey van - or used too ...lol... she drives my Volt all the time now. I work out of the home so the Volt has become the run-around car and the van just sits there now. Most of our driving is 4 or less in the car so we only use the van if we both need to run somewhere or all 5 of us are going somewhere. We are saving a lot in gas with all the short running around for soccer and such - gives us the ability to recharge a few times through the day. Sorry to ramble but we love it - 2014 is very quite! No issues so far that I have noticed. Oh yeah - forgot to mention - we bought ours - I typically keep a car 10 years and this car will pay for itself - or at least help. I'm just waiting on the Chevy Volt MPV now to replace our 2008 van!!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
But wait, there's more!

There are two lesser-known features added to MyLink for 2014: Voice controlled text messaging and an "Apps" application where presumably, you will be able to add custom applications at a later time.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Make sure you read about the major quirky issues these cars have. They come about Random and strong! Good luck with your purchase. You may do better leasing though.
@BrenTheLibran - you can disregard ronmaf. He's ticked off because he bought a couple of Volt lemons and is convinced that many Volts also have those defects. But out of approximately 55,000+ Volts sold, we only know of about 6 or 7 with ronmaf's problems, and he's got two of them. (Makes you wonder if he's unlucky or if he's doing something to his Volts that's causing the problems...)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I recently purchased a 2014 and saw a note about the "Apps" function in the manual, but have not been able to find it in the infotainment system. Where should I be looking and how has it been used?

·
Registered
215 Posts
@BrenTheLibran - you can disregard ronmaf. He's ticked off because he bought a couple of Volt lemons and is convinced that many Volts also have those defects. But out of approximately 55,000+ Volts sold, we only know of about 6 or 7 with ronmaf's problems, and he's got two of them. (Makes you wonder if he's unlucky or if he's doing something to his Volts that's causing the problems...)
Yea, every product forum has them, such a waste of time, once you get labeled, most forget about your message.
On topic others have pointed out the differences I have seen. I purchased my 14, the difference between the 13 and 14 was only $1800 after numbers were done. Factor in one year depreciation on the 13 and it made sense. Of course if you are leasing then the 14 leases are pretty awful.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Oh, and don't forget the Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel and that little reduction in M.S.R.P........$5,000.00!

Still stunned to see a formerly priced Loaded Big Boy Volt at $39,795.00 instead of the $44,795.00 of last year. Volt to be following the Ski Slope Graph of ElectronicToys rather then the Hockey Puck Graph of the Automotive Business.
Does leasing cars work for your sales team?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts