GM Volt Forum banner

2014 volt won't start PE100 code - need help

2727 Views 7 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  YNWA
So drove volt home. Started in electric mode, but it switched to gas before getting home. Didn't charge right away. So after about 3 days went to pull into the garage to put on charger, but car would not start. Steering wheel was difficult to turn, but assumed because car would not start. Pushed car into garage.

Got yellow light on car when trying to charge that eventually went out. Code was PE100. And some other things showing up like low tire pressure. Checked 12v battery and it was low in voltage. Removed and had tested. Was original, and test said bad, so replaced.

Most things went off like low tire pressure, but car still will not start or charge. Still have the PE100 code. I don't think it ever got set to service mode, but went through procedures to get it out just in case.

Does the error codes or something need to be cleared before I can charge and start? Any other thoughts? Would appreciate any input.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4,109 Posts
I would remove the negative battery cable and verify voltage of the 12 volt battery. Then, replace cable and attempt to start car. Here is a table showing the voltages of an AGM battery:

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not yet. I had it towed to Chevy dealership, so I'll let you know what they say. It has extended warranty so I believe it should be covered if more than $300, but I guess we will see. I personally think in my case, the 12v battery was the issue, but this may have led the car needing to be reprogrammed - just a guess though.

· Registered
17 Posts
Keep us posted please. i also have my car the dealership right now. you'll see the full details in the thread below. Long story short they are unable to troubleshoot it and want to charge me 4 hours just to diagnose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.