GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My 2014 Volt's rear window is making a crunching noise when operating, and it's time to replace the regulator. However, there are two "versions" of regulator for this particular car. According to both the dealership, a guy at an automotive shop, and someone at gmpartsdirect, the difference is the first version has no "outrigger tabs" on the connector to the motor, while the second version does have outrigger tabs. There is no way to tell which version you have unless you take the panel off and look for yourself.

Does this sound ridiculous? It does to me, just as having to replace the regulator already is silly. But that isn't why I'm posting.

The reason I'm posting is this: I have no idea what an outrigger tab is. When asking the dealership, automotive shop, google, etc. I have not found an answer. So here I am asking you good people. I have attached photos of the male and female connectors (sorry for the quality, I didn't want to take the regulator all the way out since I don't have a replacement part yet). Do I have version one, with no outrigger tabs, or do I have version two?

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Comparing to this image of a Dorman replacement part that is without the outrigger tabs, which I found at RockAuto, you do have outrigger tabs on the side. 751-577-009__ra_p.jpg . I have not done this repair so I am basing my answer solely on the reference info.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts