GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know GM is all focused on the 2014 Vette, Silverado and Impala and Cadillac is focused on the ELR and other Cadillacs, but by now I would think we'd have some more info on the 2014 Volt.

What does GM have up its sleeve, lower price, more accessories, slightly increased range/performance, new colors, sun roof. I'm holding off buying a second Volt until I know what's around the corner with the 2014. If there isn't anything major a preowned 2013 or even a 2012 could fill that void in our garage, but if the 2014 has some significant "tweaks" and I'm still entitled to the $11,500 cash credits/rebates a 2014 makes sense.

When does 2014 Volt production start?

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
The mass of information about the 2014 Vette, Silverado and Imala are because these are all new model years. They have all been redesigned. The 2014 Volt will likely only have minor changes this year, as the new design will not be until 2015.
Look for new details for the 2014 Volt in a few months.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I've read somewhere to not expect the Volt to get redesigned until 2015-2016. Tweaks are all I see for a couple more years. Until battery technology catches up I see no real reason to anyway. Case in point ELR, everyone thought it would be so much better and more advanced than Volt but in reality it's a Volt in a tux.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Simple, really: they're still trying to sell 2013's.

·
8,680 Posts
My guess is that 2014 Volts will be less changed than 2013s. 2013 was the half cycle two year refresh, with minor cosmetic changes, some new options, and some new software. 2015 will likely be the second generation car, on D2XX and with (my guess) a dedicated engine variant, better aero, a little more power and a little more range. 2014 in between will be minor tweaks to the 2013 improvements and not much else.

From my crystal ball, worth what you paid for it...

·
Registered
12 Posts
My commute distance is 43 miles. For sure I'd like to know if they manage to increase the range a mile or two for the 2014 model before buying...

·
Administrator
20,222 Posts
My commute distance is 43 miles. For sure I'd like to know if they manage to increase the range a mile or two for the 2014 model before buying...
My roundtrip is 60 miles. My 2011 Volt is great, delivering a lifetime average of 140 MPG. Compared to waiting for a 2014 to maybe get 1-2 more (I don't expect any battery mile change), getting a good deal today would allow you to start saving on gas NOW and enjoying a Volt NOW.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I've read somewhere to not expect the Volt to get redesigned until 2015-2016. Tweaks are all I see for a couple more years. Until battery technology catches up I see no real reason to anyway. Case in point ELR, everyone thought it would be so much better and more advanced than Volt but in reality it's a Volt in a tux.
Ya I'm leaning that Volt 2.0 will not be out untill late 2015 as a 2016 model year car. I don't see the 2014 and 2015 Volt's getting huge updates during that time. We likely won't get any information about the 2014 model year untill the 2014 order guide gets released by GM (late spring - early summer).

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
As we used to say in the biz: bold new graphics.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts