GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there's a delivery guy that delivers for Napa auto parts to our shop. He bought this new in 2014 and has racked up an impressive 348,267 km.!! It ain't pretty and has been beat to hell and it still has the original brakes...albeit rusted. Says he's never had any major problems with the car.

Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Looks like the battery is depleted. Did he ever charge it up?

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
It seems to me that local delivery driving would be in town with lots of stop and go. I think those are hard miles on a vehicle. If I were getting a high mileage car I would rather it be highway miles. I personally would not be excited about a car like that unless the price is so low you have minimal risk. Remember that major repairs on these vehicles can be expensive and hard to even get done right.

Also, can you peel the graphics off, or is it paint? That could be another problem. Either for you now, or if you ever try to sell it like that.

·
Registered
174 Posts
It seems to me that local delivery driving would be in town with lots of stop and go. I think those are hard miles on a vehicle. If I were getting a high mileage car I would rather it be highway miles. I personally would not be excited about a car like that unless the price is so low you have minimal risk. Remember that major repairs on these vehicles can be expensive and hard to even get done right.

Also, can you peel the graphics off, or is it paint? That could be another problem. Either for you now, or if you ever try to sell it like that.
????? did he say he was buying it?

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
You usually see rusted brakes on Quebec cars (Ontario too) because of the salt on the roads in winter. As he would burn through the EV range pretty early I the day those Km would be hard miles of city driving. A good testament to the durability of the car I would say.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
This Gen 1 Volt’s EV range may have been exhausted early in the day, but as a delivery vehicle with hundreds of kilometers of stop and go traffic on the odometer (i.e., single motor configuration), this Volt has likely spent most of its life being driven as an electric car, using grid and gas-generated electricity as fuel. A good testament to the durability of the Volt range extender concept.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
????? did he say he was buying it?

NO NO NO....I am not buying it. I was just impressed with the longevity and reliability of that particular car especially because it looked beat up.

FYI...when I decided to buy a Volt, I shopped around for a used Gen2 model. I'd find one online at a dealership and everytime I went to see the car it was already sold (happened 3 times). The 2 or 3 private sellers I called had sold theirs also. I took this as a message that a used Volt was simply not in the cards for me and I put a deposit on a 2019 Premier last month.

Joe

·
Registered
174 Posts
NO NO NO....I am not buying it. I was just impressed with the longevity and reliability of that particular car especially because it looked beat up.

FYI...when I decided to buy a Volt, I shopped around for a used Gen2 model. I'd find one online at a dealership and everytime I went to see the car it was already sold (happened 3 times). The 2 or 3 private sellers I called had sold theirs also. I took this as a message that a used Volt was simply not in the cards for me and I put a deposit on a 2019 Premier last month.

Joe
I couldn't see where you said you were buying it but others seemed to think so.

·
Banned
154 Posts
So there's a delivery guy that delivers for Napa auto parts to our shop. He bought this new in 2014 and has racked up an impressive 348,267 km.!! It ain't pretty and has been beat to hell and it still has the original brakes...albeit rusted. Says he's never had any major problems with the car.

Joe
You should ask the guy about his charging routine and Lifetime EV use. It's neat to see some Volts reaching their high-mileage senior years and doing fine. Prius had an 8 year jump on the Volt to prove itself, Now its the Volt's turn. I'm planning on a Gen1 as a first car for my daughter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts