GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. 2014 Volt. When one touches the seat heater "button" on the touch screen, one hears the "Click" of the switch, but the amber indicator lights do not illuminate and the seats do not get warm.

Any ideas! I guess I'l get out the owners manual and test the fuse.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Do you have a DTC U0209 showing?

If So, there is PIC5954

Effectivity: 2011-2014 chevy volt and others.

A customer may comment that both heated seats are inoperative.

This condition may be due to an intermittent software issue within the heated seat module that results in the loss of communication from the HVAC controller.

instructions:

Do NOT replace the heated seat module for this condition.

If the technician finds the heated seats inoperable and the DTC U0209 is present in the HVAC module, reset the Seat Module by removing the heated seat module fuse for 5 minutes then reinstall it.

I DTC code is not present, perform normal heated seat inoperative diagnostics per the service manual.

Btw: the Heated seat module is located under the front edge of the drivers seat bottom.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Pull the fuse and cross your fingers. Don't forget the fingers thing as I find that's often helpful in diagnosing problems like this.
Pulling the fuse for 5 certainly can't hurt.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Any follow up to this issue?

I’m literally at a dealer as I type this looking at a 2011 with this *exact* issue - the “click” noise is audible when you press the seat heater button, but nothing happens - no light, no heat.

Both drivers and passengers side, same issue, which is what leads me to believe that it’s a module issue (especially given the fact the buttons seem to be recognized) and not an actual physical issue.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OP HERE Update. I tried pulling the fuse to reboot w/ neg. results. The Chev dealer diagnosed an inop module and tried to reprogram the seat heater module, w/ neg results. They installed a new module and the problem is solved. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Worked for me! THANK YOU @MIKECELI!!! I had the same problem where the heater wouldn't turn on (both left and right). I removed the fuse (#4 in the trunk), noticing it did have a vanilla-colored film on it. I left it out for 5 minutes, sanded the fuse to remove any residue and reinstalled the fuse. IT WORKED! I'm not sure whether it was due to the system reset from removing the fuse or whether I was a connectivity issue. Either way, I'm happy it worked. THANKS!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts