GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do these matte stickers on the doors serve a purpose?
Has any one removed them? paint underneath?

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
I always figured it was part of the original Volt design, like the black roof and the hatch.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
My guess is they put the textured plastic there as people tend to grab the door there.
Gives you some grip and would wear less than glossy paint (would be scratched in no time)

If you search for pillars you'll find some threads where other users replaced them with glossy black.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Some manufacturers who have had success with high performance premium models are planning to do the same with some garden variety electrics. Well, Chevy, how about it?? Worked for Tesla.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I always figured it was part of the original Volt design, like the black roof and the hatch.
Agreed. I think it, along with the black trim beneath the windows, unifies and enlarges the side glass appearance. Otherwise visually you'd have two separate and smallish shapes, higher up on the car.

·
Registered
76 Posts
z3v

yes there was a thread just recently of someone removing the matte stickers. If I remember right, he used a hair dryer and slowly removed them. it is glossy paint under the sticker.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Dobro have you noticed how slim and small are the Volt mirrors in the picture,,,wonder if they can be bought somewhere...
Maybe a speed shop. Might be a bit tough mounting them though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts