GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
Bought a 2014 Volt in Ohio and drove it home, 2500kms with zero range anxiety. What a fantastic machine! Even on gas I was getting about 5L/100kms and the first 60kms on electric is icing on the cake. (or not iceing on the cake;)
My typical drive is well within the electric range, with the occasional roundtrip to Halifax of about 220kms, so I expect about 80/20 electric/gas usage. It's terrific to have the best of both worlds: electric power and silence, and hybrid access to gas.
Looking forward to many hours of reading and sharing here.
Bernie.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all, for the welcomes, and canehdian yes I agree the Gen1 is more distinctive. Somehow the Gen2 has morphed into a more generic shape, but the technical progress is significant. I've been hunting for a Volt for some time and the dramatic depreciation scared me off a new one, so I thought I'd learn the ropes on something that isn't depreciating too fast. I bought it from a dealer and I have nothing but good to report about Tim Lally Chevrolet near Cleveland. Fyodor, I'm in East LaHave on the South Shore, and actually I had never seen another Volt until I collected mine. There are no incentives yet in NS for electrics, but with Muskrat Falls coming on line shortly we'll have lots of hydro available and I expect there will be a push towards more electric.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.