GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Twice in 4 years, and both in the past 3 weeks, the climate controls and radio volume has stopped responding. Then after about 10 minutes, on the same drive, the changes I made suddenly take effect, and the fan speed rises, and the radio blares (since I had tried multiple times to increase the volume). I had done nothing to "fix" this...it just self corrected, after which all the necessary controls worked again. Is there any connection I need to check?

· Registered
4,136 Posts
When strange things start to happen, check that the 12 V battery is healthy. Have it checked.

· Administrator
23,666 Posts
moved to Problems...

· Registered
1,793 Posts
Yeah my 2014 does the same once in a while although it hasn't for a few months. New battery so it's not that but I've just learned to think of it as a feature instead of a bug. :rolleyes:

· Registered
410 Posts
On my 2014, sometimes, the "ZOOM" sound is very loud when the car initializes. After a couple of these, it goes back to normal small z "zoom".

· Super Moderator
2012 Std w Nav
5,475 Posts
On my 2014, sometimes, the "ZOOM" sound is very loud when the car initializes. After a couple of these, it goes back to normal small z "zoom".
If you don't want it at all (and to stop it being loud forever), there's a setting in the vehicle personalization for "Audio Cue" that controls that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts