(PCM) Comfort Package
(NK5) Comfort grip steering wheel

New Features

(GLJ) Ashen Gray Metallic exterior color
(GWX) Brownstone Metallic exterior color

Changes

(N30) Leather-wrapped steering wheel is now standard
Charge port door is push to open
(KA1) Driver and front passenger heated seats is now an available option for Cloth interior, as well as included with (PCQ) Premium Trim Package
(AFA) Jet Black seats interior accents changed from Ceramic White to Dark accents
(AFD) Jet Black and White seats are now all Jet Black seats

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Deletions
(GTS) Blue Topaz Metallic exterior color

·
Registered
354 Posts
Are these the only change or only the ones that are known to date? If so I won't have a reason to update from a 2011 yet.

Roy Volt #1019

·
Administrator
20,464 Posts
Are these the only change or only the ones that are known to date? If so I won't have a reason to update from a 2011 yet.

Roy Volt #1019
Mostly cosmetic. Heated seat cloth or leather is good. I would still have gotten leather. Push charge door will make some happy. Never had an issue with mine though. I doubt we'll see any significant changes until gen 2 rolls out.

·
4,870 Posts
I love the look of the blue, and I rarely see many of them in inventory.

I'm surprised they're deleting it.

·
Registered
652 Posts
(KA1) Driver and front passenger heated seats is now an available option for Cloth interior, as well as included with (PCQ) Premium Trim Package
Heated cloth seats were an option for 2013 with the Comfort Package.

·
Registered
974 Posts
My first color choice would have been the Blue as the color with black trim is sharp. I took the viridian joule as it was the only "loaded" unit in stock. The Zero out the door deal ended the day I was there, so the color did grow on me and I now like the "Adidas" interior color scheme of black leather with white accents.
I like the charge door release, as it reminds me in the car to change to 12amp. Doubt that option will work from outside pushing the door open.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
So they remove the nice black/red seats which I would have liked to have, but which were not available in Finland. Those red + black/red seat units will now be collectibles.. Double aaargh "you can't get one, and now we remove the option for good"...

And for the new colors.. Indifferent.. A metallic orange one would have been nice..

The push to open charge door is like stone age fix for some harge door opening issues. Instead of fixing the problem, they created a totally new one. Why did they not fix the issues and added a configurable option for enabling this in software for those who like this. Hint to all developers.. Retain the existing, add new features, do not remove funtionality.

BTW: The DVD player is really nice on 2012, but could we get Netflix etc next? No.. They removed that for 2013..

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Deletions
(PCM) Comfort Package
Changes

So the comfort package isn't available anymore, but heated seats are available with cloth seats, and it isn't called the comfort package anymore? What other ingenious name changes can we look forward to? :D Seriously, though, I guess since the leather steering wheel is standard now, they just gave the optional heated seats a clearer name.

If ashen gray is a much lighter gray, it will be very practical for hiding road dirt. I had an Oldsmobile Cutlass that I could have called ashen gray. When it got dirty, it just looked grayer. That saved me time and money on car washes.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
If they insisted on removing the power release of the charge door, they should spring load it to close when you pull the charge cord out of the socket. I'm getting used to driving with my charge door wide open for the first part of my trip. I pull the plug, but don't want to swat it shut with the plug end so I hang up the cord and get in the car. My other arm is holding my ipad and iPhone. A spring loaded closure would be nice.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have blue topaz, it's awesome. It didn't sell very well because they didn't make very many. Also, they didn't make very many because it didn't sell very well.

;-)

Nate

·
Registered
266 Posts
I like my options with cloth seats and heat option...win win
didnt want leather for 100 plus summer days

charge door option...its just fine remote if your outside

dont want somebody opening it when im not there.....that should be locked at all cost....

things i want after 3 months of ownership

longer center armrest so my arm has a place to rest comfortably while my hand is on the wheel...right now my elbow only gets this comfort...

brighter and whiter headlights.....not yellow......lets make this look like the Volt it is......make the audi's quiver This is the Volt the car thats changing America

LED bulbs everywhere.......standard......brighter and less draw....

Better rear camera...too fuzzy brighter reverse light.....

Ipad holders for the rear seat passengers not a must but this could be a tech option

standard rear seat armrest.....i got one as I told my Dealer to include this with the deal cant sit back there with out it...

im very happy with my color to too bad its going away...sorry for the rant...ps I love my Volt..just want more for it

·
Administrator
20,464 Posts
I too would like to see LED's everywhere, and rear heated seats as an option. Also, lights in the rear cargo hatch reflectors.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Here is my list:

1. I would like to see a backup camera that actually worked... (Instead of showing a dark murky image.)
2. An option for LED or HID headlamps.
3. An option for power seats.
4. An option for a heated steering wheel. (For folks who live in cold climates.)
5. LED's for interior lighting. And perhaps LED night accent lighting inside. (Like Buick & Ford offer.)
6. OnStar RemoteLink that actually works more than 50% of the time.
7. An option for Adaptive cruze control.
8. An option for Locking the J1772 connector while charging so people can't walk up to my car and unplug it.
9. Conventional controls. Less touchscreen BS. (Lower cost.)
10. The confusing multi-mode start button to be replaced by a selector knob with three positions. (OFF, Accessory, Run.)
11 The alert horn chips to be replaced by a less annoying chime or beep.
12. A moon roof option.
13 An instantaneous readout of MPG while in ICE mode.
14. More sound insulation in the rear hatch area and rear wheel wells.
15. A remote close for the charge door. (For those of us who drive off with it open...)
16. An optional "Flight" mode so I can hover fly over traffic when needed. ;-)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
If the new colors are truly not an April fools joke, then they really did take out two of the best colors and replaced them with meh. Fortunately, the Volt also looks great in just white or black, so I expect those to become more popular in 2014. The varying shades of undiscernible silvers and greys just look like variations of polished unpainted sheet metal.

As for the charge door, as others metnioned, making it CLOSE by itself would be helpful to those of us who are often holding phones or to-go cups of coffee while unplugging one handedly. Don't care about the push to open, mine always worked fine and I like having the release button bring up the charging screen.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Having had a Plug-in where the door had to be manually opened and closed I like how the Volt, apparently until 2014, had a remote opening mechanism. IMO, it's a way to cheap out and save a bit of money. Like not giving white in the seat backs for those who opt for the ceramic white interior with leather anymore... It's all about putting money in their pockets.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Deletions
(GTS) Blue Topaz Metallic exterior color

(AFA) Jet Black seats interior accents changed from Ceramic White to Dark accents
Well now I feel less likely to regret my purchase of a 2013. If I couldn't get a Volt in blue I probably wouldn't have bought one...

Though I am slightly miffed about the interior change. The white trim with the black cloth was the only concession I made when I ordered my Volt. It doesn't bother me as much any more, however the fact that they've changed it means I was right all along... Still hoping I might get to exchange with somebody unhappy with dark trim on their stack.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts