GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sent this in to the dealership as butt coverage but wanted second opinions over my almost 3 years 51,000 KM i have had 2 emissions codes p2096 at -16 celc yesterday and p2097 Dec 2015 which both cleared over time but that was at -5 celc i did notice it does occasionally seem like it's sucking exhaust into the cabin when it first starts the ice or when you stop at a light occasionally and i wasn't sure how normal this was for others. ( once you start driving again it goes away and it isn't all the time just once a week or so it seems )

The car also coded Service Theft Deterrent system which cleared during the next stop / start while we did our normal Sunday travels ( not sure if this one just pops up once in a blue moon? first time i have seen it. )

The nav screen itself has froze about 4 times downloading instructions ( Jan 5, Oct 5 2016, and two times before that not sure if that is considered normal )

What do you all think based upon your past experiences.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
In the US the warranty on the emissions systems may extend to 8 years/100K miles. You might want to check on that. (No idea about Canada unfortunately).

You might also want to check out an extended service plan.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the extended plan already 5 year 80k but it's not the free version. and major emissions it list at 8 100 had another listing for sensors or something i would have to re-read the actual manual for the car to double check.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts